What's new

"Bridget Loves Bernie" coming in 2010 (1 Viewer)

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
From the Video Business release calendar:

Release Details

Title: Bridget Loves Bernie: The Complete Series

Release Date: 01/01/2010

Label/Distributor: Columbia/Tri-Star

Rating: NR (Not Rated)

Retail Price: $29.95

Cast: David Birney

DVD Video Options: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video

DVD Audio Options: English, Original Language

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The release date of "1/1/10" sounds suspiciously like the sort of date one might use if they put a listing in a database and didn't have a real date to use, so they picked a fake date far away to fill in the blanks on a required field until a real date was available.

Further evidence to suggest this isn't a date to believe in? 1/1/10 is a Friday; DVDs are released on Tuesdays.

I'm not saying this isn't coming; it may very well be. But don't believe that particular date, okay?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I watched this show during its original run, and I loved it. I didn't understand the reasons for the controversy at the time (I was a tad too young); however, I did enjoy the premise of the show and I wish that it had run longer than it did. Ned Glass was a lot of fun in the series, and I've been a fan of Harold J. Stone's ever since his appearances (in different roles) on The Rifleman. :emoji_thumbsup:

Elena S

Supporting Actor
I have been waiting a long time for this one. I hope it's sooner rather than later.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
That's great. Bridget Loves Bernie is another childhood favorite of mine. :)

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Loved this show and can't wait to have it.
It seems like it ought to be on amazon by now for pre-order, but it isn't. Interesting that on the Sony/Columbia site it doesn't come up with a regular search, at least it didn't for me.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
It's about time. They first announced this how many years ago? At least five but I think even longer. Now if Sony can get off their asses and start doing something with all of the rest of the great Screen Gems sitcoms.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Just found out that this is going to be through the MOD program, not a regular release.

Bobbo

Grip
Real Name
Robert
Received my BLB set yesterday and the DVD's are DVD-R's (not pressed)...watched the pilot episode and was impressed by how great the video is - not sure if they remasted the series, but it looks really sharp. The menus are very basic - just the episode titles with a generic picture of television sets in the background (would have been nice if they used a cast photo, but no big deal). Happy to report that the original Screen Gems closing logo is at the end of the episode...all in all, a nice set.:P

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I will be picking this up soon. I remember wishing as a child that this show would have continued. I actually liked it more than All In the Family at the time, which I also watched faithfully.
"Nevertheless, CBS executives decided to cancel the show in response to hate mail from viewers who objected to the inter-religious marriage depicted on the series. It was the highest-rated television program ever to be canceled after only one season."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridget_Loves_Bernie

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Received my copy yesterday. The video looks great. I had forgotten how prominent the culture clash is in the story lines that I have watched so far. It certainly demonstrates how much attitudes have changed since then. An enjoyable show and I am glad to see it again.
The box is mistakenly labeled as 1.78:1.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
bryan4999 said:
Received my copy yesterday. The video looks great. I had forgotten how prominent the culture clash is in the story lines that I have watched so far. It certainly demonstrates how much attitudes have changed since then. An enjoyable show and I am glad to see it again.
The box is mistakenly labeled as 1.78:1.
Yes, video is great and the show holds up and is still very funny. As for the attitudes part, I think now on TV everyone is portrayed as accepting of everything and anything while on BLB I think the attitudes are portrayed more realistically. It would be great if Sony now continued along this path and releases some of the other wonderful short run Screen Gems shows from that era.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Neil Brock said:
It's about time. They first announced this how many years ago? At least five but I think even longer. Now if Sony can get off their asses and start doing something with all of the rest of the great Screen Gems sitcoms.
Love on a Rooftop comes to mind. I don't think it's a Screen Gems property, but I've been dying to see He & She released.

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Richard V said:
Love on a Rooftop comes to mind. I don't think it's a Screen Gems property, but I've been dying to see He & She released.
Love on a Rooftop and He and She are both fabulous shows! Late 60's gems! Would love to see these released officially too.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
PatrickGoodluck said:
Love on a Rooftop and He and She are both fabulous shows! Late 60's gems! Would love to see these released officially too.
Yes wouldn't we all. You can add to that list Occasional Wife, The Good Life and Governor and JJ (not Screen Gems) as some other shows in that genre.

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Neil Brock said:
Yes wouldn't we all. You can add to that list Occasional Wife, The Good Life and Governor and JJ (not Screen Gems) as some other shows in that genre.
Don't you mean The Good Guys? The Good Life was a BBC sitcom from 1975.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks