What's new

The Dark Knight Specs (1 Viewer)

Thivanka R. Perera

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thivanka Rukshan Perera
El Caballero Oscuro Blu-ray (2 Discos) | planetahd.com Blu-ray y Alta Definición HD

Google translate:

It will have a track TrueHD 5.1 in English, and will include two discs: one with the film and the extra "Gotham discovered: Creating a scene" in which director Christopher Nolan his colleagues reveal us the details of planning the film, including the work of the doubles action (stunt), how was filming in IMAX, details of the new Bat-suit and Bat-pod, etc..

The second disc includes documentaries technology Batman "gadgets and tools" (HD) unmasked Batman: The Psychology of The Dark Knight, and the World of Batman across Psychotherapy of real life (HD), 6 deliveries Cable news Gotham Premier (Tonight Gotham) and art galleries: the letters of The Joker, conceptual art, posters, photos of production trailers and TV spots.

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator
My Spanish is pretty rusty, but I would've translated "Caballero Oscuro" literally, to "hidden horseman." :P

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Much of that sounds like the personal bonus disc I made for myself, including those History Channel specials and the Gotham Tonight newscasts. Very interesting.

Matthew H

Second Unit
Anyone think Warner would skimp on what could possibly the biggest title ever to hit DVD or Blu-ray, and not put TrueHD audio?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
It's their biggest grossing film of the year, hands down, and will sell like hotcakes on BD. I seriously doubt this won't include lossless.

bases1616

Agent
Real Name
Alex
Warner may have been stupid with leaving lossless audio on some sub par movies, but they are not idiots.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I find it a bit odd that Warner announced the "I Am Legend" re-release already but not TDK, and they both come out on DVD/BD the same day.

That is of course if the apparent December 9 release date is true.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I'd be a little disappointed if the lion's share of bonus features ended up being those specials from The History Channel. I'm much more interested in seeing a documentary about the actual making of TDK with insight on the production from cast and crew. Hopefully that report isn't true and those are not the actual special features on the Blu-Ray/DVD.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
With a Dec 16th release I'd be surprised if they don't officially announce the specs in the next week or two. I'm itching to pre-order this on Warners site.

I'm also hoping the Burton films get announced the same time.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Now it's December 16?

That's no good.

It's a shame it isn't October instead, just like Batman Begins and the Anthology.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Are you sure that it won't feature a nice, juicy Dolby Digital 5.1 track? This isn't just any studio. We're talking Warner, here.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I'm a sarcastic ass.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
According to DVDTown, official release date is 12/9 with official specs coming soon. :emoji_thumbsup:

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Warners lack of lossless audio on some releases seems to be more of a practical issue than anything else. Knowing that some of their releases will have to be on BD25 (because of limited BD50 reproduction ability) They have to decide if picture quality will suffer to include lossless audio. They seem to have chosen picture quality in these instances.

They have to save their BD50 slots for their really big films, Speed Racer isn't one of those, but The Dark Knight is.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks