Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

WHV Announcement: Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3-D (DVD/Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,047 posts

Posted September 18 2008 - 09:05 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Robert Fielder

Robert Fielder

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted September 19 2008 - 06:51 PM

Quote:
Commentary by star Brendan Fraser and filmmaker

Gee, sure nice of them to let that filmmaker guy on the commentary with Star Brendan Fraser Posted Image

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,440 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted September 20 2008 - 01:40 AM

I like the picture of the 3-D glasses. With red lenses for both eyes you will see no 3-D. The 3-D will be pretty bad with the cardboard anaglyph glasses. Why can't they release these 3-D films with the far superior field-sequential 3-D method?

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard

Screenwriter

• 2,314 posts

Posted September 21 2008 - 09:14 AM

Quote:
Why can't they release these 3-D films with the far superior field-sequential 3-D method?
I've been wondering this myself. It's probably something to do with keeping a competitive edge at the theaters.
I love to singa, about the moon-a, and the june-a, and the springa...
-Owl Jolson

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 4,104 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted September 21 2008 - 03:16 PM

It's probably got more to do with (1) the low install rate of field sequential systems and (2) the fact that field sequential will not work on progressive scan displays. Finally, anaglyph is the system most likely to work with the majority of systems, from J6P's 19" tv to the home theatre enthusiast's 100" front projection system. I'm perfectly happy to wait until a better 3D system is available for the home.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,947 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted September 22 2008 - 12:10 AM

This thing didnt' even come here, 3D or 3D. Posted Image I'm game to see it though, and happy it'll be 3D on BD. I'll probably just buy it sometime once I actually get a player, that is. And if the 3D actually works. And if they will actually keep it available in 3D. Otherwise, they can pretty much keep the copy I would buy.
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,440 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted September 25 2008 - 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_J_H
It's probably got more to do with (1) the low install rate of field sequential systems and (2) the fact that field sequential will not work on progressive scan displays. Finally, anaglyph is the system most likely to work with the majority of systems, from J6P's 19" tv to the home theatre enthusiast's 100" front projection system. I'm perfectly happy to wait until a better 3D system is available for the home.

Whats wrong with the 3-D system they use on the 120hz Samsung and Mitsubishi HDTV's? I have seen it and it looks fantastic. The color is not changed as you have with the anaglyph method and the 120hz refresh rate has no flicker.

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

Forum Nav Content I Follow