Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Highlights From The Rosie O'Donnell Show

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 of 17 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,332 posts

Posted September 16 2008 - 09:32 AM

Posted Image

ROSIE O’DONNELL AND HSN TEAM UP TO OFFER AN EXCLUSIVE DVD OF HIGHLIGHTS FROM “THE ROSIE O’DONNELL SHOW”

Watch Rosie Watching Rosie — Exclusive Commentary as Rosie Reminisces as She Watches Highlights from Season One

NEW YORK, NEW YORK (September 15, 2008)- Rosie O’Donnell returns to the airwaves on Sunday, September 21 exclusively on HSN to talk about the release of “The Rosie O’Donnell Show — Season One: Rosie Reminisces” DVD. O’Donnell will appear live on HSN on September 21st at 12noon, 6pm and 11pm and take calls from viewers about her eponymous talk show.

For the first time ever, Rosie sits down and watches highlights of Season One and the loyal viewers get to be a part of it. Rosie reminisces about the behind the scenes stories as she remembers the fun and games that make up the premiere season of “The Rosie O’Donnell Show.” Jam-packed with classic and unforgettable moments with the unforgettable Cher, Rosie’s friend Penny Marshall to her first guest ever, George Clooney, the 90 minute DVD also includes Rosie’s commentary and thoughts about the show. In addition, an exclusive scrapbook complete with original photos and captions, written by Rosie herself, is included with the DVD.

The DVD and scrapbook are $19.95 including free shipping and handling. Tune in to HSN TV on September 21, 2008 at 12 pm, 6 pm and 11 pm (check local listings for channel) to have a chance to chat with Rosie as she unveils Season One of “The Rosie O’Donnell Show” on DVD! The DVD is produced by Kid Ro Productions in association with Telepictures Productions.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 17 OFFLINE   davarch1

davarch1

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 17 2008 - 03:07 AM

10 to 1 you will not have "The Rosie Show" March, 2001 episode that was devoted to child adoption..... hmmmm I wonder why?

#3 of 17 OFFLINE   Robert13

Robert13

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted September 17 2008 - 03:48 AM

This is only a 90 minute single disc release?!?! There were over 200 episodes from Season 1. It looks like this is going to be a very consolidated compilation.

#4 of 17 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,450 posts

Posted September 17 2008 - 04:20 AM

Maybe Rosie will sit and reminisce about how when her talk show started, she was hailed as "the Queen of NICE." Hahahahhaaha! She sure got rid of that moniker in a hurry!

#5 of 17 OFFLINE   Jefferson

Jefferson

Supporting Actor

• 979 posts

Posted September 18 2008 - 01:18 PM

I am recalling how phenomenally successful this show was...instant hit...this is a show that i truly remember discussing with friends...even my parents..."Did you see it today? Who did Rosie have on?" I was always taken with her enthusiasm for Broadway...and the fact that she brought on stars from the Golden Age, some of whom have since passed away.... I also recall the sadness I had as the years passed, that Rosie didn't seem happy....and there were several awkward rants, and cranky moments as it all fizzled. Still, in its prime, it was enjoyable, and I hope it is made available commercially...since I don't have cable and won't get to view the HSN Network.

#6 of 17 OFFLINE   Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted September 18 2008 - 08:38 PM

You needn't watch the program on HSN to get the DVD. You can order right from the HSN website.

#7 of 17 OFFLINE   nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 985 posts

Posted September 18 2008 - 09:08 PM

do they deliver to the UK?

#8 of 17 OFFLINE   Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted September 19 2008 - 02:54 PM

It doesn't seem so. Perhaps you can eventually find one on eBay.

#9 of 17 OFFLINE   FrosteyV

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted September 19 2008 - 03:18 PM

Surprised to see how many fans she has. I personally, have never cared for her or her phoniness. Just my opinion.

#10 of 17 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,110 posts

Posted September 20 2008 - 07:44 PM

This was a phenomenal show at it's best. Really a throwback to Merv, Dinah and Mike. I'm hoping there will be further releases. I'm sure lots of fans will want this especially the ones who did not tape the original eps. Luckily I kept all my favorite segments so I'll still have anything that's not included on this. I too am very disappointed that this is only 90m. That's really not nearly long enough to even capture the best moments of the first season. I'm guessing that this doesn't even include complete segments but rather edited clips. I also won't be expecting any musical segments since I figure this did not have a big budget and therefore no music licensing was done. It's a shame but perhaps the success of this release will prompt a syndicated run of edited reruns. And to those of you who are too ignorant to know how great Rosie is, you can kiss my Koosh Balls.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#11 of 17 OFFLINE   Rachel Bowman

Rachel Bowman

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 02:30 AM

At the risk of being accused of spreading bad feelings, all I will say is that I witnessed Ms. O'Donnel's shocking treatment of her crew backstage during the Grammys a few years ago...she yells and screams and shouts profane things. She is not a nice person. I avoid purchasing anything with her picture on it and will continue to do so.

#12 of 17 OFFLINE   FrosteyV

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 05:47 AM

One of the greatest things about HTF is the courteous attitude and friendliness of the forum. Everyone for the most part is respectful of others opinions because we all are TV-philes and enjoy hearing the latest news, trivia, and personal experiences. Sadly, David Rain, your post doesn't display any of those qualities. If you review the forum rules and mission statement, the members here have the right and privilage to politely discuss and share knowledge. You don't have the right to personally attack other members for their viewpoints, just because they don't agree with yours. Personally in my post I stated that I didn't care for Rosie O'Donell, I didn't denigrate those who do. I will always feel that way, and I don't feel that I'm ignorant, or that I have to "kiss your Koosh Balls", or Ms. O'Donell's either, just for feeling that way. If you worship her, fine go ahead, but give those of us who don't share your idolatry the respect we deserve too. I hope one of the forum administrators discusses your post with you because frankly, it is well below the usual fine standards of HTF. Thank you.

#13 of 17 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,179 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 24 2008 - 06:04 AM

^ You came in and thread crapped back in post 9. If you don't like the show or the woman, there's no point in posting in the thread (other than to rain on another person's parade).

#14 of 17 OFFLINE   FrosteyV

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 10:51 AM

I didn't thread crap as you so eloquently put it. I said I was surprised that so many people were her fans. That is not an attack on any forum member. If you don't see the difference then shame on you. And there is nothing that says I can't dislike certain TV shows or TV personalities. People come in here all the time and give their opinions on shows and such. I never said that her show had any merit, I just don't care for her, and I'm not the first one in the thread to say so, just the first one take offense at David Rain's attack on other posters. So in your opinion it's ok to just attack other posters, simply for disliking shows or TV personalities, fine. Two wrongs make a right in your world.

#15 of 17 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,179 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 24 2008 - 11:54 AM

Are there any more words that you want to put in my mouth? Of course, it's not right for anyone to attack a person or their opinion. When you post "Surprised to see how many fans she has. I personally, have never cared for her or her phoniness. Just my opinion.", that's thread crapping. If someone is discussing a DVD release of a show, it's fair to assume that they're fans of the show and want to talk about the release or the show itself and not debate the quality of the show (or the person hosting it). Talking about the pros and cons of the show can be discussed in a thread in the TV section. As for my eloquence, 'thread crapping' is the term commonly used on the internet to describe a post that is designed to bring the thread down.

#16 of 17 OFFLINE   FrosteyV

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 12:10 PM

Well, if you want to look at it that way, that is your choice, but your post seems to condone David Rain's blast. His kind of "kiss my ___" is something I'd expect to see from some one who is entirely immature and incapable of tolerating an opposing opinion. And I wasn't even the first one to post something negative about Rosie and her show. Look at post #4 by Ethan Riley. It is much more inflammatory than mine. I had no idea people here could be so thin skinned. If my statement was taken as a thread downer or killer, it sure seemed innocuous to me. If I had said, "Man, The Rosie O'Donell show is moronic and could only be appreciated by imbeciles" you'd have a legitimate argument. But I've seen lots of other threads where people said, "I could never get into such and such show or TV star", nobody attacked them. The bottom line is that personal attacks to dissenting opinions are not supposed to be part of this forum, and inappropriate. And your statement that talking about pros and cons of a show should be discussed in a thread in the TV section. Isn't this a TV section?

#17 of 17 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,181 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted September 24 2008 - 01:10 PM

Let's get this back on track with talking about the show. Frostey has every right to state his opinion in this thread. He made a generalized statement not directed toward anyone person. Other posts where made with no calling them out. So the attacks on him are unwarranted and should stop. Period. Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users