What's new

Girl from UNCLE? (1 Viewer)

MTO

Agent
Real Name
mark owens
Did the chat reveal that Girl from UNCLE will be released next month?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

Yeh,they are waiting to see how the retail edition of the MAN FROM UNCLE set does first before doing anything.

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
To me this sound like a "line". How are they really going to judge the sales unless they take into account the sales from Time-Life. To me the very idea that they are putting out this set tells me it did well and they want to take back the sales. It only went out via Time-Life because they probably had no faith in doing it themselves. They could have made the fan base happy by putting out the Girl from UNCLE this year, the same time they were re-releasing the Man from UNCLE set. It is only one season if it did not sell well then so be it, but they would have made the fans happy. What I got out of the chat was really no positive info on any classic show (for me 50's & 60's tv).

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Worse yet, still no answer on The FBI, despite the fact that it's an all-color show! At least we'll have more Night Court.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by MattHR

Finally! News posted today at [url=http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Girl-UNCLE-The-Complete-Series/15835]tvshowsondvd.com

I just saw that too over at TSoD. Good news for those that have waited for this one a long time.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Excellent! Warner Archive delivers on my top two Grail titles they have control of. I'll be preparing a boot set for disposal soon.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well, that was a nice unexpected surprise. Kudos to Warner Archives for releasing some of this year's best DVD releases. James

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Sweet . Girl From UNCLE and It Takes a Thief . My sixties want list is dwindling .

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
This is a great news, which means it will be available in Canada shortly or about two months. I always thought Stefanie Powers was a hottie and it will be great to her beauty from the 1960s. I have S1/S2 of Hart to Hart and hope one day that show is completed.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
JamesSmith said:
Well, that was a nice unexpected surprise. Kudos to Warner Archives for releasing some of this year's best DVD releases. James
I wasn't surprised -I figured it would got the MOD route. Now if they only will get around to SEARCH! :)

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Yes, I agree. This is a title I have been hoping for. I was never one to celebrity worship but, Stephanie Powers is unbelievably hot IMHO. I also would love to see Tarzan with Ron Ely. Naturally it goes without saying that Batman/Green Hornet are the most coveted 60's series to yet be released.

dale3

Grip
Real Name
Don
preorders are up at WB archives for The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. 8 Movie collection (4 DVDS). I preordered and I think release is 08/23/11, this Tuesday. I Iogged in WB, preorder had 10% off and free shipping. I have been waiting for both these sets for years. I hope video quality is good. Link http://www.wbshop.com/Pre-Orders/ARCHIVEPRE,default,sc.html

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I will have to get these . Not sure if I'll wait for Tuesday to see if they offer a special sale or not .

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
borisfw said:
Sweet . Girl From UNCLE and It Takes a Thief . My sixties want list is dwindling .
Touche, Boris!!!!!!!!! And to think, last year, I picked up the first two seasons of Hart To Hart on DVD as XMAS presents!!!!!! :D This year, Robert and Stephanie's two signature 1960s programs, "It Takes A Thief" and "The Girl from U.N.C.L.E." will be under the tree in a few more months!!!!!! :D I am so looking forward to this Holiday season!!!!!! :D

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Tina_H_V said:
Touche, Boris!!!!!!!!! And to think, last year, I picked up the first two seasons of Hart To Hart on DVD as XMAS presents!!!!!! :D This year, Robert and Stephanie's two signature 1960s programs, "It Takes A Thief" and "The Girl from U.N.C.L.E." will be under the tree in a few more months!!!!!! :D I am so looking forward to this Holiday season!!!!!! :D
I know the feeling . Very satisfying . :)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Besides, Girl From Uncle, Hart to Hart, and the Feather and Father Gang, what other series was Stephanie in? James

MattHR

Screenwriter
JamesSmith said:
Besides, Girl From Uncle, Hart to Hart, and the Feather and Father Gang, what other series was Stephanie in? James
I think those were the only three she starred in, other than several guest appearances on other shows. It'll be fun to see her with Robert Wagner in the "Fortune City" episode of It Takes A Thief.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks