What's new

House season 5 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The 5th season of House kicks off tonight on Fox at 8 p.m. EDT, as it acts as the lead-in for Fox's new show "Fringe".

The last we left House, CTB died and Wilson was totally distraught by how it all went down, and how House played a part in CTB being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I wish they still had it on at 9 pm. Anyhoo, there is an encore presentation on Friday 26th at 11 pm.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Powerful start to the season as it turns out that Wilson doesn't hold a grudge towards House for what happened to CTB...he just holds a grudge towards him as a person and a friend.

Rough! :frowning:

You just know Wilson's words had to hurt him, he wouldn't be human, such as he is, if such comments didn't.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Really, Fox has two of my favorite dramas the last few years (Bones & House). Primarily because the character dynamics are so damn good.

The dynamic between House & Wilson was incredible. More then that, I'm finding that them having a new crew for House and his old crew in different positions in the hospital feels more natural then most programs; it seems as though everyone is really making a transition in their careers.

Great season opener.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe Cam and Chase are still listed in the main opening credits, and the other 3 are still not in the opening credits. Hmm...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if their role this season will increase.

And I still hate seeing Cam as a blonde.

It was a good start to the season. Again the personal dynamics are changing.

Neil

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

I still think new "new crew" are somehow going to be given the boot by season's end, and the old team will be put back together. I have literally zero proof/justification. It's just something I think
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think we'll ditch at least one of the new crew by the end of the season, just because the show doesn't need four staffers to work. Eliminating one would allow the others more screentime, and allow Cameron and Chase to return to more than glorified cameo status.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I will say this. Very ballsy for a 7PM (CST) 8PM (EST) to do a full onscreen abortion, even ectopic. (No political talk).

I still think this show was better at 9PM, combined up with Bones, but the moment with Wilson at the end is one of the best "dagger" moments in any show I've seen for a while.

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
What happened the last few minutes. I heard Wilson start to tell House that he hated him, but what was the final result? Is Wilson gone? My PVR didn't get the end. I was screaming. Going to have to ensure it records 5 min overtime from now on.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Short summary of end:

House walks into Wilson's office and reveals that he is sorry, and that CTB was his fault. If he hadn't been out on a bender, she wouldn't have stayed with him, wouldn't have got on that bus. House then says, but you're my friend, and I'm mostly sorry because my screw up screwed you up.

Wilson responds by basically saying: I'm not leaving over Amber, I'm leaving because of you. Over the last few years, I've been the one who answered your crazy phone calls in the middle of the night, cleaned you up, lied for you, etc.. Wilson says House basically has "used" him and he's just "enabled" it to happen. He looks at House and says "that's the problem, we aren't friends. I don't know if we ever really were". Adding that if he doesn't get out and stop enabling House, then the whole thing is screwed.

And he loads up his box of personal effects and leaves, leaving House stunned as Wilson walks away with a box in his hand.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
That appears to be what happened for the episode. Who knows what will happen next week. Maybe House really will try out that other doctor.

Neil

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering where I recently saw the actress who played Apple last night and finally saw that she is Felicia Day*|* - Penny in "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog"

By the way, while trying to find this out, I saw rumors that they might be trying to spin the private eye off into his own series.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
That's IT! I was wondering why she looked so familiar. I assumed it was just because she looked like she could be Mary Lynn Rajskub's sister.

Can someone recap the very last scene for me? The DVR cut off just as he picked up the phone.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

Clearly the P.I. will be filling in for that aspect, at least temporarily.

It occurred to me last night that there's a very good chance this show has expired. As much fun as House is, they've completely removed the sense of reality that once surrounded him. The hospital is now just a stage for his antics, his team is nothing more than stooges you can't respect. Cuddy's scenes have been minimal recently and now Wilson may or may not be gone for good.

They continue to try and make the show sweeter, but less filling.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Where do these rumors of a spin-off show come from? The guy is creepy (his stalking of the brunette in broad daylight surely cements this character trait), but his voyeurism does help in his chosen profession. :D

Didn't House just call the PI up and offer to to put him on retainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks