What's new

HTF Warner Tv/Animation Chat 9/15/08 - summary - to be updated live (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
This is a brief Q&A summary of tonite's chat for latecomers. No repeats will be mentioned...

"Abandoned Shows" (one season - Murphy Brown, Growing Pains, Drew Carey, WLIIA, etc) - continuing to evaluate...no specifics
The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. - 1st season in October 2008, followups to be evaluated
Future MGM cartoon sets - on the horizon...no set date yet
Putting LT under WHV banner instread of Family (for controversial shorts) - disclaimer would be there regardless of division
Wait 'Till Your Father Gets Home S2 - under evaluation

Dallas and its TV movies - S10 early 2009, telefilms are planned for some point TBD
Pac-Man/Plastic Man/Paw Paws/Yogi's First Christmas -

Lost connection here - see post #20 by Peter Fitzgerald for filling in the holes while I tried to reconnect...

Fortunately, I wasn't disconnected, so here's all of what you missed between the Pac-Man/Plastic Man/Paw Paws/Yogi's First Christmas news and the MAVERICK non-news:

-evaluating the TINY TOONS specials and HOW I SPENT MY VACATION movie, focusing right now on the season sets
-looking for ways to include LOONEY TUNES content on Standard DVD and Blu-Ray, right now 1080 hi-def transferred select shorts limited to extras on Blu releases like ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD
-taking a hard look at Ruby-Spears cartoons (question was specifically about their 1988 SUPERMAN cartoon series), hope to have news in first half of '09
-no plans for BRIMSTONE, but they'll take another look at it
-next season of THE WALTONS in early 2009, specifics will come in the next few weeks
-focusing right now on TINY TOONS and FREAKAZOID, so any potential release of HISTERIA!, ROAD ROVERS, TAZ-MANIA and/or DETENTION will be based on their sales success
-FAMILY MATTERS long been high on their list, related costs have prevented release, working to get around those issues
-working closely with Cartoon Network to evaluate potential DEXTER'S LAB release

Original Maverick (1957-1962) - Not currently scheduled
Filmation 1968 Batman, next Superfriends - new Superfriends early 2009 (DC Filmation was out Aug 12)
Time Trax - no plans
Cathy Lee Crosby Wonder Woman - no plans but always a chance(!)
classical animation in hi-def - taking hard look to BD; cleanup requirements depends on each series and shorts
Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark - subject to confirmation of the theatrical film

any 50's-60's B&W shows - understand great interest, determining best way to proceed
Bruce Timm Batman in BD - strongly being considered
remaining Welcome Back Kotter - no plans at present
Knots Landing S2 (Donna Mills) - another chance! 2009.."the future is in your hands"
remaining Filmation Superman - future DC to be evaulated followiing recent Filmation release

Batman (Adam West) per Ron E - WHV does not have the rights - FOX, issue exists apart from WHV
Wonder Woman S2/S3, Justice League unlimited to iTunes - will pass along to appropriate division

Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends - will forward interest to Cartoon Network
No plans for Animaniacs 4 (must have missed during dropout)
New Adventufres of Old Christine (short S3, S4 post-broadcast) - strategizing plans for S3 & s4
working with Cartoon Network on library (Dexter, Cow & Chicken, What-A-Cartoon, etc)
Ed, Edd, & Eddy - future sets being evaluated
Sealab 2020, live-action Shazam - no plans

Live-action Superboy - low sales, no S2
separate release of Bonus disc for Batman TAS ? - no
Moonlight - details next month
Third Watch S2 - high music costs, looking for solution
Uncensored WWII in LTGC 6 and Popeye III - hope to live up to standards of the past sets

Scarecrow & Mrs King - no
thirtysomething - no rights
Men In Trees - no plans
more Night Court - S2 next year!
Friends on BD - some day
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
I cannot log onto the chat. All I get is:

20:33] Connecting...
[20:33] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.shadowfire.org resolve)

I go to the address and it's no help.

Doghouse Reilly

Auditioning
Real Name
Ralph
Just to clarify, it is my understanding that WHV meant they evaluate how the complete collection of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. does when it comes out in October -- after being a Time-Life exclusive -- before considering The Girl from U.N.C.L.E., which only had one season.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
"Putting LT under WHV banner instread of Family (for controversial shorts) - disclaimer would be there regardless of division"

I'm too tired to login to this chat but this is great news!

Has anyone asked specifically about the long rumored Tex Avery collection that the lacking Droopy set from a year or two ago was supposed to be the precursor to?

Also, somebody please go and complain about the Tom & Jerry cartoons for me in my absence and request new releases!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

Actually it means it wouldn't matter - the disclaimer would still appear...

Still awaiting connection...lost since approx 15 minutes ago...

I am back on with mIRC - denied via HTF (?)

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
I hoping someone with prior HTF chat experience can answer this questions...

I already got to ask a question (hurray!), but I still have more. The rules say not to YO in again until everyone gets a chance to ask. How will I know? Will there be an announcement saying they are taking repeat questioners, or should I just start trying again in about 45 minutes?

Pavan_P

Second Unit
I've been having the same problem. Both on the web and mIRC. Ugh... anyone mention Perfect Strangers S3 yet? If so, can anyone ask? Many thanks!

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Villafana
Any updates? I can't get back in. I was initially in, didn't even get to ask a question, then pinged out, and can't get back in. This is extremely disappointing.

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Villafana

Well, that pretty much answers my questions about their other old shows: 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Surfside 6, Sugarfoot, Cheyenne, etc. :frowning:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

Oh I misunderstood the quote and thought that WHV was saying that the non-family unit now had full control of future releases (I know George Feltenstein's team was involved in the GC series but they were not completely independent of the family division). So I took that quote to mean that all future LT releases would (possibly due to controversial content) be exclusive products of the non-family unit and hence, the reason for the death of the GC this year to make way for future plans.So somebody just asked about a packaging disclaimer... why?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
With regards to the B&W Shows of the 1950's-1960's...

"...we recognize the interest in the great collection of 50's and 60's series that we have in our library. We are still determining the best way to proceed with these..."

At least they are keeping it mind.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Someone please ask when that promised "collector's set" of Peanuts specials will emerge... the one that is supposed to contain EVERY last production + the TV show. That was promised in a press statement last year and all we've gotten since were a bunch of repackaged double-features. Could someone please ask when this mega set is coming?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Not to be a smart aleck or anything, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll believe it when I see it. The WB is almost, but not quite, as allergic to their B/W catalog as Sony is.

Gary "that seemed like a stock answer to me" O.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald

Fortunately, I wasn't disconnected, so here's all of what you missed between the Pac-Man/Plastic Man/Paw Paws/Yogi's First Christmas news and the MAVERICK non-news:

-evaluating the TINY TOONS specials and HOW I SPENT MY VACATION movie, focusing right now on the season sets

-looking for ways to include LOONEY TUNES content on Standard DVD and Blu-Ray, right now 1080 hi-def transferred select shorts limited to extras on Blu releases like ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD

-taking a hard look at Ruby-Spears cartoons (question was specifically about their 1988 SUPERMAN cartoon series), hope to have news in first half of '09

-no plans for BRIMSTONE, but they'll take another look at it

-next season of THE WALTONS in early 2009, specifics will come in the next few weeks

-focusing right now on TINY TOONS and FREAKAZOID, so any potential release of HISTERIA!, ROAD ROVERS, TAZ-MANIA and/or DETENTION will be based on their sales success

-FAMILY MATTERS long been high on their list, related costs have prevented release, working to get around those issues

-working closely with Cartoon Network to evaluate potential DEXTER'S LAB release

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks