Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Who's getting "Star Wars:The Force Unleashed"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted September 15 2008 - 01:58 AM

I'll be getting mine as soon as I get off work. Can't wait to play it. The graphics look amazing and the audio is also supposed be great as well.
Gary Shipley

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,574 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 15 2008 - 07:03 AM

I downloaded the PS3 demo and played right through it. Not the best game ever, but still a lot of fun.

I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but I have such a backlog of unplayed games that it'll probably be in the $20 bin by then. Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,186 posts

Posted September 15 2008 - 10:17 AM

The reviews have been disappointing. Now, it's not that I haven't bought bad games or games that got bad reviews, but I think I can wait this one out a little bit.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted September 16 2008 - 02:01 AM

I was really looking forward to this game but after reading numerous reviews I don't think I want to spend $60 on a game with problems and only about 7-10 hours of game play. I'll wait for something better.
Gary Shipley

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,186 posts

Posted September 16 2008 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Shipley
I was really looking forward to this game but after reading numerous reviews I don't think I want to spend $60 on a game with problems and only about 7-10 hours of game play. I'll wait for something better.
The length isn't what got to me. The quality of that 7-10 hours is what hurts. The Wii version has an added fighting mode but I'm not sure how the single-player is different from the PS3/360 versions.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,574 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 17 2008 - 09:26 AM

GameSpot rated the X360 and PS3 versions 7.5 and the Wii version only 6.0, which is pretty unusual for them unless there are really significant differences between the versions. I didn't read their review of the Wii version though.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,574 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 18 2008 - 03:38 AM

For anyone on the fence, Toys R Us is advertising a $20(!) gift card with purchase of the PS3 or XBox 360 version of the game.

Their weekly sales generally run through Saturday.