-

Photo

How about an OAR version of "Gidget"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Randy_M

Randy_M

Supporting Actor

• 671 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted September 09 2008 - 02:09 PM

People really don't still want pan and scan anymore, do they?
My DVDs

#2 of 5 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,686 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted September 09 2008 - 03:37 PM

When this set was first release, i thought the pan-scan phase was over with and left this one on the rack because of it. That same year MGM release Tom Sawyer (1973) and Billie both in pan-scan for they thought parents would not buy them for kids.

Hopefully with Sony going into their vaults again, they will see the error of their past ways and remaster the films. They are enjoyable and deserve it.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#3 of 5 MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,168 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted September 10 2008 - 11:43 AM

Sony is not known for giving the people what they want.

I don't know of anyone who wants a 50 year old Cinemascope movie who wants it in pan and scan. Nobody "wanted" pan and scan, but it's a holdover from the days when 19" TVs were considered "big screens."

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#4 of 5 MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted September 10 2008 - 12:21 PM

I'd buy an OAR version!

I already bought the TV series and I'd like to finally own the original Gidget on DVD as well.

#5 of 5 george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted September 12 2008 - 03:44 AM

I'd buy any of the Gidget films if they were OAR.
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...