Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Blu-ray and cable box settings for 768p plasma?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Joe Pick

Joe Pick

Stunt Coordinator

• 106 posts

Posted September 09 2008 - 01:28 PM

I have a couple questions, and I'm hoping you can offer advice. I'll try to explain as best as I can. I have a Panasonic TH50PX75U plasma, which says it's a 720p set but has 768 lines of resolution. Does it mean that it's 768p? It can accept a 1080p signal from my Panny BD30 player, but is that my best option for highest image quality? If I leave the setting on 'Auto' on the BD30, it chooses 1080p anyway. What about for my HD DVR cable box? Do you think that 1080i or 720p would be the best setting for my plasma? I'm not sure I can tell a huge difference, and I'm also not sure what to look for. I know that tinkering and experimenting works, but I'm wondering what your instincts are, and what settings for the BD and cable box you would choose. Right now I'm at 720p for the cable box, and 'Auto', or 1080p for the BD30. I'm thinking that those settings provide for the least amount of processing steps, going through my Onkyo TX-SR805, which just passes video signals through as is. Thanks for any help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users