Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Survivor: Gabon - Season 17

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
312 replies to this topic

#301 of 313 OFFLINE   Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted December 18 2008 - 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_L
Threesomes would have made a better ending

Yes, but can we get back to talking about Survivor?

#302 of 313 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,176 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 18 2008 - 02:39 PM

Gosh, Ron...

Imagine if you had missed it all together? Before there was the technology to automatically record it for you?!? Posted Image That would have sucked!

Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#303 of 313 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,548 posts

Posted December 18 2008 - 09:25 PM

I mean, what the heck was that show doing on a Sunday night?

They sure did very little to promote that fact as far as I saw.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#304 of 313 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,176 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 19 2008 - 12:59 AM

You wouldn't be the first fan to get caught by that.

I guess they figure Sunday night is the easiest to program three consecutive hours of a single program?!? I dunno.

But they've been doing it this way for a long time.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#305 of 313 OFFLINE   RAF

RAF

Lead Actor

• 7,062 posts

Posted December 19 2008 - 03:12 AM

Also, Sunday Night programming on CBS is one of the biggest crap shoots in DVR programming, especially during the football season. Not very many NFL games end on time so the entire nightly schedule (at least here on the East Coast) gets pushed back accordingly. You have to set up to record at least the next show after the one you want to record to catch it all.

On a related matter, that's why THE AMAZING RACE is so difficult to schedule. Its 8-9pm (EST) showing is hardly ever on time. And I already have two programs scheduled to record at 9pm on Sundays so I have to rely on a different DVR to capture everything I want.

CBS is the worst offender in making it a royal pain to set up DVR programming on a consistent basis.
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
CLICK HERE to visit My HT HTF Rules and Regulations

#306 of 313 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,041 posts

Posted December 19 2008 - 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF
Also, Sunday Night programming on CBS is one of the biggest crap shoots in DVR programming, especially during the football season.
Thankfully on the West Coast everything starts on time. That fact and 10am Sunday morning football are two great reasons to live at here.

#307 of 313 OFFLINE   Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted December 19 2008 - 08:18 PM

Yep. One of the few things I miss about living on the West Coast was no delay for Amazing Race. It is always 30m late (sometimes more). So why can't they schedule the football games for an extra 30m? If it was more random I'd understand, but I have to set the DVR to record for a full two hours to watch TAR.

Re: Survivor - in the spring, during Basketball season, watch out for the move to Wednesday night for a week or two...

#308 of 313 OFFLINE   Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted December 20 2008 - 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF

CBS is the worst offender in making it a royal pain to set up DVR programming on a consistent basis.

No kidding. I missed the final 30 min. of the reunion show because the football game ran long and I had to watch it online the next day. Posted Image
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#309 of 313 OFFLINE   Michael Henry

Michael Henry

Second Unit

• 358 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted December 24 2008 - 03:45 AM

I would LOVE to see a season of survivor with celebs in it - all playing for charity...
J. Michael Henry

#310 of 313 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,176 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 24 2008 - 04:27 AM

Did anyone notice there was no car challenge this season?!?

D'ya suppose it was just a lack of sponsorship...or a calculated decision by the producers to eliminate it ("curse" and all...)?

#311 of 313 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted December 24 2008 - 07:10 AM

Probably no sponsor wants to touch the show after the ugliness of the Dreamz/Yau-man incident. There wasn't one in China or Micronesia either.

#312 of 313 OFFLINE   Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted January 02 2009 - 08:40 AM

Long-time Survivor fans will get a kick out of this. I'm on vacation down in Naples, FL. and today when I was leaving the beach to walk back to my car I see a guy that looks EXACTLY like Johnny Fairplay. I thought "nah, that wasn't him", but before I get to my car there's an SUV parked a couple spots behind me with Virginia plates that read FAIRPLA. So, I guess that's my big celebrity sighting for this trip. Posted Image
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#313 of 313 OFFLINE   ActionMan

ActionMan

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 05 2009 - 06:11 AM

I am a huge Diane Lane fan as well! Came across this lady who briefly appeared in the indie film iMurders who looks a lot like her IMHO...  I think her name is Brandi Love?

Posted Image

I found this on a photo gallery here.. nsfw >>

Forum Nav Content I Follow