-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

WE NEED MORE B-MOVIES ON DVD!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted September 07 2008 - 03:42 AM

We desperately need more 60's teenage b-movie schlock released on DVD! When are we ever gonna see the following films legitimately put out?!?!?

It's A Bikini World
A Swingin' Summer
Wild On The Beach
One Way Machine
Wild, Wild Winter
Winter A Go Go
Out Of Sight
C'mon, Let's Live A Little
Get Yourself A College Girl
It's Trad, Dad!
I Was A Teenage Werewolf
I Was A Teenage Frankenstein
The Ghost Goes Gear
Here We Go 'Round The Mulberry Bush
Riot On sunset Strip
Untamed Youth
The Cool Ones
Sorority Girl
Riot In Juvenile Prison
The Glory Stompers

And how's about a proper re-release of the now out-of-print 'Dr. Goldfoot And The Bikini Machine' paired with the yet unreleased 'Dr. Goldfoot And The Girl Bombs' as a double feature while we're at it??

#2 of 12 MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted September 07 2008 - 03:55 AM

Also, MGM really needs to do an AIP box set similar to last year's Roger Corman Collection with HELL'S BELLES, PSYCH-OUT, RIOT ON SUNSET STRIP and WILD IN THE STREETS! Or at least pair them up as double-features and reissue them!

#3 of 12 walter o

walter o

Supporting Actor

• 843 posts

Posted September 07 2008 - 04:23 AM

HELLS ANGELS ON WHEELS, is out on Image DVD,

#4 of 12 MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted September 07 2008 - 04:43 AM

Thanks, I edited the first post.

A lot of lesser cult films made it out onto disc via specialty labels like Image and Something Weird or else were handled in R2 (Gonks Go Beat, Pop Gear, Up The Junction, etc) but a lot of the better American films listed above are deserving of the Midnite Movie treatment!

#5 of 12 JeffMc

JeffMc

Supporting Actor

• 529 posts
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted September 07 2008 - 11:12 AM

Also, THE GHOST GOES GEAR was officially released by Anchor Bay. It's OOP now, but it is still pretty easy to find cheap.

#6 of 12 AlanBrom

AlanBrom

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted September 09 2008 - 11:21 AM

Mario I love your list and would love to see those on dvd! I miss the days when MGM released all sorts of cult movies as Midnite movies, not just the horror & sci-fi. Here's some more we need from various studios:

Mary Jane
The Love-Ins
The Hard Ride
Skidoo
The Naked Angels
The Savage Seven
The Hallucination Generation
The Devil's Angels
The Young Runaways
The Wild Racers
The Peace Killers
Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw
The Dirt Gang

#7 of 12 BethHarrison

BethHarrison

Second Unit

• 435 posts

Posted September 09 2008 - 12:41 PM

Would love to see Warners do another couple of volumes of Cult Camp Classics!

#8 of 12 Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,346 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted September 09 2008 - 11:05 PM

I remember the B films in the late 50's & 60's in England. We used to go into the cinema half way though the B film, watch the main feature & then the B film up to where we came in, & then go!

It would be great if studios sold a whole program package of a B film, adverts, trailers, & main feature.

#9 of 12 AlanBrom

AlanBrom

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted September 10 2008 - 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter o
HELLS ANGELS ON WHEELS, is out on Image DVD,

And it's a nice looking transfer as I recall.

#10 of 12 Brian Borst

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted September 10 2008 - 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Batson
I remember the B films in the late 50's & 60's in England. We used to go into the cinema half way though the B film, watch the main feature & then the B film up to where we came in, & then go!

It would be great if studios sold a whole program package of a B film, adverts, trailers, & main feature.

Some studios do have that. The Grindhouse program (b y Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino) did the same thing. Unfortunately, the entire three-hour thing has yet to be released worldwide, apart from Japan (they have a pricey six-disc box out, if you're interested). Also, Warner Bros. does have a special 'Warner Night At The Movies' feature, that has some cartoons, some trailers and a newsreel prior to the main feature. I believe 20th Century Fox also has something similar.
Unfortunately nobody puts B-pictures with their main features, but perhaps that could still happen. It would make more sense than releasing them individually, because less people are interested in B-movies. You kill two birds with one stone.
Never go out with anyone who thinks Fellini is a type of cheese

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection

#11 of 12 MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted September 10 2008 - 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBrom
The Naked Angels
The Savage Seven
The Hallucination Generation
The Devil's Angels
The Young Runaways
The Wild Racers

I'd buy ALL of these!

Add an OAR release of Twisted Nerve (with killer poster art!) to the list as well since the R2 Optimum, despite it's beautiful transfer is 4x3 rather than it's intended 1.66 framing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBrom
Skidoo

As for this notorious stinker, I finally got the chance to catch a screening on TCM this past year (recorded off Tivo) and now I finally understand why it's never shown! I honestly have no desire to ever see this film again. It's truly as awful and deserving of it's reputation and it's no wonder Preminger was so embarrassed by it!

#12 of 12 Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted September 10 2008 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoBiscotti
Also, MGM really needs to do an AIP box set similar to last year's Roger Corman Collection with HELL'S BELLES, PSYCH-OUT, RIOT ON SUNSET STRIP and WILD IN THE STREETS! Or at least pair them up as double-features and reissue them!

As a matter of fact, Oldies.com lists three of the four movies you listed above currently in stock, Marco. They have:

THE WILD ANGELS/HELL'S BELLES - $11.95
WILD IN THE STREETS/GAS-S-S-S-S-S-S - $12.74

and, most unbelievably of all,

PSYCH-OUT/THE TRIP - $6.95

I tried ordering this last double-feature twice this year from Oldies.com (both times it was sold out), but the third time's the charm, and now I've finally got it in my grubby paws.

They've also replenished their stock of a great many of the Midnite Movies releases, including (all for $6.95 each):

THE COMEDY OF TERRORS/THE RAVEN
PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES
THE ANGRY RED PLANET
TOMB OF LIGEIA/EVENING OF EDGAR ALLAN POE
THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU
DR. GOLDFOOT AND THE BIKINI MACHINE

You may want to leap on any of these that you need, as they seem to have plenty right now, and you certainly can't beat the price.

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow