-

Jump to content



Sign up for a free account!

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Columbia to bring back Ghostbusters ?


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

    Lead Actor

  • 7,632 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 15 2002

Posted September 04 2008 - 11:40 AM

Columbia calls up new 'Ghostbusters' - Entertainment News, Front Page, Media - Variety

Quote:
Columbia Pictures is getting serious about scaring up a new installment of its blockbuster "Ghostbusters" franchise.

The studio has set "The Office" co-exec producers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky to write a script for a film designed to bring back together the original cast of Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson.


Studio would not comment on the development and has been mum on recent rumors that there was interest in making a new installment of the franchise.

It has been 19 years since the last.

Who knows
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#2 of 24 Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

    Screenwriter

  • 1,687 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 15 2005

Posted September 04 2008 - 02:09 PM

This sequel has had at least as much history as Indiana Jones 4, and somehow that actually happened...

All I know is, this is my Star Wars. I'd sell every soul of every member of this entire forum to see this get made. Sorry guys. Posted Image
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#3 of 24 Pete-D

Pete-D

    Screenwriter

  • 1,746 posts
  • Join Date: May 30 2000

Posted September 04 2008 - 03:27 PM

Didn't Bill Murray already say he would not do another live action Ghostbusters?

Also Harold Ramis ... has gained a few pounds.

#4 of 24 DavidPla

DavidPla

    Screenwriter

  • 2,357 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 15 2004

Posted September 04 2008 - 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-D
Didn't Bill Murray already say he would not do another live action Ghostbusters?

Also Harold Ramis ... has gained a few pounds.

Money talks. Maybe they all really enjoyed working together on the game and Murray changed his mind.

#5 of 24 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

    Executive Producer

  • 14,836 posts
  • Join Date: May 09 2001
  • Real Name:Greg
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 04 2008 - 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Gibbs
All I know is, this is my Star Wars. I'd sell every soul of every member of this entire forum to see this get made. Sorry guys. Posted Image

I'll throw you into a river of New York hate if you try. Posted Image

#6 of 24 Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

    Supporting Actor

  • 901 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 07 1999

Posted September 05 2008 - 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Gibbs
This sequel has had at least as much history as Indiana Jones 4, and somehow that actually happened...

All I know is, this is my Star Wars. I'd sell every soul of every member of this entire forum to see this get made. Sorry guys. Posted Image

Damn, Zack. It better be Ghostbusters III: Citizen Kane + Lawrence of Arabia for that price.
My blog: Andrew Hamm: (Title Changes Regularly)

The 2008-2009 Richmond Shakespeare Theatre

Hamlet October 17 - November 9A Christmas Carol for Two Actors December 11 - 21Amadeus February 12 - March 8Cymbeline April 16 - May 10

#7 of 24 TravisR

TravisR

    Studio Mogul

  • 21,678 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 15 2004
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 05 2008 - 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-D
Didn't Bill Murray already say he would not do another live action Ghostbusters?

Also Harold Ramis ... has gained a few pounds.
That's what I was thinking too.

It'd be fun to see these characters again but I really have to wonder if this will actually come together.

#8 of 24 Mark Hawley

Mark Hawley

    Second Unit

  • 418 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 18 2000

Posted September 05 2008 - 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-D
Also Harold Ramis ... has gained a few pounds.

Just have him be possessed by Slimer!

#9 of 24 Ray H

Ray H

    Producer

  • 3,472 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 13 2002
  • Real Name:Ray
  • LocationNJ

Posted September 05 2008 - 03:21 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing an animated movie.
"Here's looking at you, kid."

 


#10 of 24 Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE

    Screenwriter

  • 1,295 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 25 2003

Posted September 05 2008 - 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidPla
Money talks. Maybe they all really enjoyed working together on the game and Murray changed his mind.

To bad the game has been dropped.

Activision cans Ghostbusters game // News

#11 of 24 Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

    Screenwriter

  • 1,687 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 15 2005

Posted September 05 2008 - 05:22 PM

Activision just isn't currently publishing the game. I think it still remains to be seen what will happen with it, but the game will be released next year one way or another. Worst case scenario is that Sony will publish the game as a PS3 exclusive. Which is fine with me but I know they'd be losing a lot of profit potential.

I'm not sure why Activision doesn't want the game, it's gotten some really good early buzz and was one of the bigger titles for the year. Perhaps, if the game industry works anything like the movie industry, they weren't happy with the deal that was in place with whomever it was they acquired?

Seems like Sony is never willing to pony up enough cash for the GB's.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#12 of 24 WillG

WillG

    Producer

  • 5,217 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 30 2003

Posted September 06 2008 - 05:23 PM

Quote:
To bad the game has been dropped.

As far as I can tell, that article is over a month old. However, from other things I have read, the story that the game is cancelled has been debunked. I think the story is that the ownership has changed, but the game will still be published. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is still coming, as a matter of fact, I saw a cover story about the game, including an interview with Dan Aykroyd on a magazine in mid August.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#13 of 24 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

    Lead Actor

  • 7,632 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 15 2002

Posted September 07 2008 - 07:11 AM

Harold Ramis talks

Harold Ramis on Ghostbusters 3 - ComingSoon.net
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#14 of 24 TonyD

TonyD

    Executive Producer

  • 16,041 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 01 1999
  • Real Name:Tony D.
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted September 16 2008 - 06:53 PM

here's what he said.

i swear this is exactly as printed in that article, i didnt un-capitalize anything.

"yes, columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my [Year One] writing partners, gene stupnitsky and lee eisenberg. judd apatow is co-producing [Year One] and has made several other films for sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent. aykroyd, ivan reitman and i are consulting at this point, and according to dan, bill murray is willing to be involved on some level. he did record his dialogue for the new ghostbusters video game, as did danny and i, and ernie hudson. the concept is that the old ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity."
facebook.com/whotony

#15 of 24 MatthewA

MatthewA

    Producer

  • 6,136 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 19 2000
  • Real Name:Matthew
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted September 17 2008 - 01:40 PM

Judd Apatow?

What, are they going to make "Ghostbusters on Pot"?

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.


#16 of 24 Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

    Screenwriter

  • 1,687 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 15 2005

Posted September 17 2008 - 02:17 PM

I'm pretty sure the Ghostbusters were smoking back in '84.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#17 of 24 Asgard_thor

Asgard_thor

    Extra

  • 17 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 17 2008

Posted September 18 2008 - 10:55 AM

I would watch it Posted Image

#18 of 24 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

    Lead Actor

  • 7,632 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 15 2002

Posted September 27 2008 - 07:06 AM

Murray Talks "Ghostbusters 3" Involvement (September 27th 2008)

Quote:
I think the first forty minutes of Ghostbusters is about as funny as a movie gets. It didn't have a lot of special effects in it. There were just a couple. It was just about those funny characters in that world. And I liked that movie. I think the first one had sixty plate shots, or something like that.

Quote:
They are hard movies to write, and Dan really caught it with that first one. He really caught it. The characters were fun to do. I did the video game this summer, and it was fun to do it again. I found myself walking down Fifth Avenue, singing that song. And people were like, 'God, that guy is really full of himself.' So, there you go."

Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#19 of 24 Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

    Screenwriter

  • 1,687 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 15 2005

Posted September 27 2008 - 07:20 AM

Here he is in video form;



I liked his line about "I think the wounds from Ghostbusters II have healed."

I disagree with him about the films failings though, it was bad because it was essentially a kid-friendly remake of the 1st film, following it beat for beat. There may have been more effects but it was just the difference of 5 years time, it doesn't feel any larger than the original at all.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#20 of 24 DavidPla

DavidPla

    Screenwriter

  • 2,357 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 15 2004

Posted December 03 2008 - 07:21 AM

Ghostbusters Trailer Ain't Afraid of No Ghost - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads


Back to Movies (Theatrical)



Forum Nav Content I Follow