Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bones, season 4

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#1 of 187 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 705 posts

Posted September 03 2008 - 05:21 AM

Don't forget, season 4 starts tonight with a 2-hour premier! Bones and Booth go to the U.K. to give seminars and are asked to help with an ongoing case. Also, Bierbaum shows up.

#2 of 187 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,096 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted September 03 2008 - 05:42 AM

Wow, an early start to the season. Cool. Thanks for the heads up.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#3 of 187 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted September 03 2008 - 07:05 AM

The first 4 episodes of the season (2 being tonight's premiere) will be on the season 3 DVD release when it hits shelves in November.

#4 of 187 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,096 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted September 04 2008 - 01:19 AM

The season premiere was ok, but it wasn't a home run for me. It really seemed like 2 separate episodes that happened to involve the same people. Having been a "yank" in England for nearly 3 years of my life, I did get a kick out of the jokes. I also really like the way Booth was acting while interviewing the "Duke" inside the family estate. Got to love the completely contrasting lifestyles. I also like the way that Booth took the headbutt and didn't even flinch. It was pretty funny. Although, technically, they should have had the yob arrested for assaulting him. The only real problem I had with the episode was the way in which they showed that Booth could not drive "on the wrong side". I can see it was supposed to be funny, but it was just way too slapstick. All in all, I give the opener a B-. I wonder if they are going to handle replacing Zach like the way they did it on House? A different character every few episodes?
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#5 of 187 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,920 posts

Posted September 04 2008 - 03:10 AM

This episode reminded me of the Fox cancelled series, Keen Eddie.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#6 of 187 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted September 04 2008 - 03:33 AM

Yeah, I dug that. Won't that scene get cut when the show actually airs in the UK, though? I thought headbutts got cut all the time there. And it was two separate episodes, just without credits in between. The "Part I written by/Part II written by" is a dead giveaway.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#7 of 187 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,215 posts

Posted September 04 2008 - 07:10 AM

Can't believe they hit the reset button on Angela and Hodges' relationship. Ugh.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#8 of 187 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted September 04 2008 - 08:28 AM

I don't think it's a reset button as much as the inevitable TV-relationship sub-arc where the pair breaks up because the other person not being perfect is just a complete shock. Inevitably, one will be threatened this year and they will realize that they really, really do still want to be together.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#9 of 187 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 705 posts

Posted September 05 2008 - 06:19 AM

I second Patrick's "Ugh". There's no real need for it - there's so much to explore contrasting Angela/Hodgins being married and Bones/Booth not. Not to mention them starting a family.

Also, double ugh on Sweets. While he, at times, last season provided some humor, it really seemed like they had to shoehorn him into the episode. There was no reason for him to be there when Grayson first showed up. I would prefer him to be a reoccurring character, but not a main - Booth is better when he's the one figuring out the human element, like Brennan is with the science.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the assistant position. Zach's presence will be missed for awhile, in my opinion.

Overall I thought the double episode was good and hope that they somehow work the English inspector into an episode later on - perhaps attempting to climb Everest again! Posted Image

#10 of 187 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,313 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 05 2008 - 11:47 AM

The head-butt was great. I also liked seeing Michael Brandon as the American tycoon. Some of us remember him from Dempsey and Makepeace, an 80s British series about an American cop transplanted to the U.K. involved in a will-they-or-won't-they partnership with a gorgeous London detective. (Brandon's wife Glynis Barber.) It was a pity they couldn't find a role for her in the show. I haven't seen her in years, but back in the day she was a major babe. Posted Image

Over-all I thought the episode was a bit uneven, and also found the Angela-Hodgens thing to be annoying and unnecessary. Ditto making Sweets a regular. As for Zach's replacement - can anyone say "Murphy Brown's secretary"? Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

#11 of 187 OFFLINE   John_Lee

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted September 06 2008 - 12:38 AM

With the umpteen billionth "OMG!!! There's chinks in our armor of trust. . . Bye!" storyline.

#12 of 187 OFFLINE   Alex-A

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted September 08 2008 - 01:17 PM

I don't usually chime in too much on these season threads, but I just wanted to say that it's incredibly bothersome to keep seeing the name "Zach" when the proper name is "Zack", and yes I'm aware that it's a silly nitpick, but I'm very picky with the spelling of people's names, real or fictitious.
NCC-2000

#13 of 187 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 705 posts

Posted September 09 2008 - 05:07 AM

It's short for Zachary. Zach would seem to be the correct spelling. Now, if his name was Zackary....... Posted Image

#14 of 187 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,954 posts

Posted September 09 2008 - 08:24 AM

i read that they shot this last year, so hopefully the next episode will be the new batch =D. PS has season3 DVD come out? did that set include the unaired schooling shooting episodie?

#15 of 187 OFFLINE   Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted September 09 2008 - 08:59 AM

Season 3 comes out in November I think.

The "school shooting" epside (which was really about the murder of a basketball player) was aired after the strike this year.
R.I.P. DVDSpot

#16 of 187 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 705 posts

Posted September 11 2008 - 05:27 AM

So far it looks like Joseph was right - revolving assistants. While that might provide a few, cheap, laughs, I don't think it adds to the show. Also, they continue to shoehorn in Sweets. It made sense for him to be around later in the episode, but why have him, in a Hasmat suit, during the discovery phase? The Brennan-juggling two men subplot, however, was great!

#17 of 187 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted September 11 2008 - 07:36 AM

Not only will the season 3 DVD set have the altered-for-continuity version of "Player Under Pressure", it will include the original version of the episode as well.

#18 of 187 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,719 posts

Posted September 12 2008 - 01:36 AM

I did like that Sweets connected with this episode's assistant. So, maybe she will reappear at some point. Sweets appearing in a Hazmat suit was entirely unnecessary and distracting. I thought he had a real job in addition to counseling Booth and Brennan. Neil

#19 of 187 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,920 posts

Posted September 12 2008 - 03:33 AM

I was thinking the very same thing when I saw him in that scene. Is anyone else having problems with thinking of him as anything but the geeky teen in Freaks and Geeks?
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#20 of 187 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,215 posts

Posted September 12 2008 - 09:52 AM

I think of him more from his rather spineless role on "Kitchen Confidential".
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users