Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cheers: The Complete Series

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   chadHobbick

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator

• 140 posts

Posted August 31 2008 - 10:48 AM

With S10 coming out this week, it signals the end of the series w/one more season to go obviously. I'm positive that CBS/Paramount will release a complete series around the S11 release, but my question is will most of you purchase S10? There is no way they would have picked up the releases again just to drop it now, and since the packaging changed w/S9 it looks odd on shelves. What are your thoughts on this, will you pick up the remaining seasons, or just wait for the complete series and sell off your previous seasons to help w/the purchase?

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,275 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted August 31 2008 - 11:02 AM

I only bought the first season so I'll probably just hock it and get the presumable Complete Series box.

The only questions are whether any additional extras will be included (like the U.S. Savings Bond film), and what kind of shape the box will be. A glass mug? A barstool? Ted Danson's toupee?

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted August 31 2008 - 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewA
what kind of shape the box will be. A glass mug? A barstool? Ted Danson's toupee?

Why, it will be shaped like Norm's stool, of course! Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 479 posts

Posted August 31 2008 - 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lambert
Why, it will be shaped like Norm's stool, of course! Posted Image
You mean his barstool,right,David? Posted Image

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted August 31 2008 - 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Wight
You mean his barstool,right,David? Posted Image

Posted Image

I already have the first nine seasons so I'll just finish them off. Not going to worry about a complete series box. I'm just hoping that they include in the Season 11 set the Tonight Show episode that aired after the final episode.
Recently watched- Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia, Bloodlust: Subspecies III, Gorky Park, The Last Man On Earth(1964), Lost: Season 6, Transformers Age Of Extinction 3D, The World's End, Toy Story Of Terror!, X-Men: Days Of Future Past 3D, Bloodstone: Subspecies II, Snowpiercer

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2

Irina Asanova - "KGB have better cars, you know."
Arkady Renko - "Ah, but they don't always take you where you want to go, do they?"

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   chadHobbick

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator

• 140 posts

Posted August 31 2008 - 03:43 PM

You know that they will hold off on the extras for the complete series. I'm not familiar w/the Tonight Show/Cheers show, although I heard everyone was plastered during it, and the US Savings Bond episode but those seem like the type of thing that would be put on the complete series, like how FOX did w/the M*A*S*H complete series in the beginning. I think it's the norm these days to save everything for the complete series regarding shows no longer in production.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   stewprime

stewprime

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted August 31 2008 - 04:45 PM

I actually held off on buying any of the Cheers series, because I began noticing the trend that studios were doing...i.e., releasing the season sets, to be followed by a complete set at the end of the run, which was always priced less overall.

I'll definitely pick up a complete series set of Cheers once it's offered. Now, if only Warner would get it's act together and release Night Court as a complete series set, then I could re-live my Thursday nights of the late 80's...

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   jacktripper1

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted August 31 2008 - 05:09 PM

Personally, even if I didnt buy the complete series, I'd like to see a CS set shaped like a mug.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   RichieMagoo

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts

Posted September 01 2008 - 06:21 AM

I'm up in the air about this.

I'll probably go ahead and pick up S1-9 soon, if I see it on a good sale in the fall (currently can get it for $136....don't know if it'll go lower...might just jump on that), and then get S10 & 11 when they're old enough to be on sale too!

I could wait for the entire series....but I'm afraid it'll come in hiddeous cutesy packaging, like a lot of other complete series- and personally, I have no use for those types of things- I just want something that will fit efficiently on a bookshelf and not look hiddeous.

Any additional extras really don't interest me either- as extras usually suck- and even when they're good...what's the big deal? You watch them once and that's it. The only extras that have really been of value to me of all the shows I own, are the ones on the Simpsons- writers/directors/performers commentaries on EVERY episode. I have truly enjoyed those (almost more than the show itself!)

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Trevor824

Trevor824

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted October 05 2010 - 04:21 AM

Has anyone heard any rumors about CHEERS getting a complete series release? FRASIER too.

I've held off on buying them since Paramount is usually good about releasing complete sets.  But with the seasons released for over a year now, and only a bundling of the season sets available, has there been any thoughts?

How long has it taken other Paramount sets to get repackaged into Complete sets?

Forum Nav Content I Follow