Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: "The Simpsons" The Complete Eleventh Season

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 of 67 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,074 posts

Posted January 11 2009 - 12:36 AM

I realise they've got the show to make but it's taking a while for Season 12 and a better DVD of the Simpsons movie to be announced (there was supposed to be an appearance by Sideshow Bob but it was cut from the film).

#62 of 67 Count Chocula!

Count Chocula!

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted January 11 2009 - 02:16 AM

I'm interested to see what FOX does with season 12, pacakaging wise. Also, I agree we need a SE of The Simpsons Movie. I was expecting the original to be full of special features, but it was pretty sparse.

#63 of 67 MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor

• 723 posts

Posted January 11 2009 - 04:58 AM

I'm actually avoiding buying this season of Simpsons because I'm so paranoid of getting a scratched set. The packaging is just horrible, regardless of getting the "Head" set or plain vanilla. Really, given this is a cash cow for Fox, why the lousy packaging?
So much TV... So little money! Please visit my blog at: http://tvhistoryondvd.blogspot.com/

#64 of 67 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,213 posts

Posted January 12 2009 - 02:21 AM

Quote:
I was expecting the original to be full of special features, but it was pretty sparse

Actually, if you think about it, the extras on the movie might have appeared sparse, but they are actually pretty in line with what the season sets have. The highlights of the season sets are they commentaries and deleted scenes which the movie had in the way of extras. Outside of that, there has never been that much in the way "making of" materials besides animatics.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#65 of 67 Mike*SC

Mike*SC

Second Unit

• 260 posts

Posted January 12 2009 - 05:16 AM

I know for a fact that 20th Century Fox was working on a much more extensive "Special Edition" of the Simpsons Movie months and months ago, and am surprised it hasn't been announced yet.

#66 of 67 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,330 posts

Posted January 12 2009 - 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike*SC
I know for a fact that 20th Century Fox was working on a much more extensive "Special Edition" of the Simpsons Movie months and months ago, and am surprised it hasn't been announced yet.

I think the current dvd is good enough; I wouldn't make a big deal about it anyway. What needs to happen is that Paramount needs to do a reissue of the South Park movie, but that's a whole 'nother thread.

A partial solution to the Simpsons season 11 bad package problem: here's what I did. You simply take the individual sleeves and pull them up slightly, ripping the glue a little. This does not deface the art or packaging--you can't even see the difference. The point of it is to give the dvds a little more room to fall free from the packaging--but not enough to slip out by themselves. Just try it. I know it sounds like I'm suggesting you rip up the package. Not so. I just loosened it. Now the dvds come out easily.

#67 of 67 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,187 posts

Posted January 12 2009 - 07:51 AM

I Simply replaced the packaging the Disks were in with Thin-Pak Jewel Cases, which fit nicely within the Outer Box!Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 33,619( 727 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,363   :B)  Serial Chapters - 1,102 :B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow