Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: "The Simpsons" The Complete Eleventh Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#41 of 67 Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty

Screenwriter

• 2,074 posts

Posted October 10 2008 - 08:06 PM

I concur. This is the worst DVD packaging I've ever seen. Ever. I took the discs out (all look okay) and put them in clear plastic sleeves and put them in the folds of the "booklet. " Totally retarded move by Fox. I'm sure some bonehead in marketing just got a bonus for his "radical" idea. Idiots.

#42 of 67 Geoff_D

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor

• 885 posts

Posted October 11 2008 - 04:03 AM

Worst. Packaging. Ever.

#43 of 67 Daniel-M

Daniel-M

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted October 30 2008 - 09:11 AM

Since Family Guy volume 6 apparently has normal(aka good) packaging this monstrosity might be Matt Groening and company doing

#44 of 67 chadHobbick

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator

• 126 posts

Posted October 30 2008 - 09:46 AM

For the MG releases they are going "green" ala the Futurama movies. I think it's due to Al Gore being good friends w/the staff since his daughter works w/them. I'm okay w/a better, ecological ways to package things, but not when it comes to dvd releases.

#45 of 67 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,734 posts

Posted October 31 2008 - 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadHobbick
For the MG releases they are going "green" ala the Futurama movies. I think it's due to Al Gore being good friends w/the staff since his daughter works w/them. I'm okay w/a better, ecological ways to package things, but not when it comes to dvd releases.

As someone else pointed out (Dave?), the box is not eco-friendly at all, not with the plastic slipcase and big plastic Krusty face.

BTW, at least two of the discs in my set have had trouble playing. I'm afraid the sleeve holders are scratching them.

#46 of 67 Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Supporting Actor

• 949 posts

Posted October 31 2008 - 04:42 AM

All of my discs played just fine, but I did remove them from the case permanently. I put them in those little individual CD/DVD sleaves and put them in between the folds of the inner packaging.

I agree with everyone else. Worst packaging ever.

#47 of 67 Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Screenwriter

• 1,375 posts
  • LocationLake Worth, Florida

Posted October 31 2008 - 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Himes
All of my discs played just fine, but I did remove them from the case permanently. I put them in those little individual CD/DVD sleaves and put them in between the folds of the inner packaging.

I agree with everyone else. Worst packaging ever.

Exactly what I did. So far the discs are fine.... but this is the second set I got. I returned the first due to too many scratches. I was at the customer service desk and went through two new sets at the counter to create a decent set. They probably weren't too happy but they let me do my thing to ensure satisfaction.

#48 of 67 Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted November 01 2008 - 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Favate
As someone else pointed out (Dave?), the box is not eco-friendly at all, not with the plastic slipcase and big plastic Krusty face.

BTW, at least two of the discs in my set have had trouble playing. I'm afraid the sleeve holders are scratching them.

Also, all of the scratched up discs caused by these cases that are returned probably end up in a landfill.

#49 of 67 chadHobbick

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator

• 126 posts

Posted November 01 2008 - 07:17 AM

I'm surprised that FOX hasn't responded to the complaints yet. Has anybody ever actually complained to the company, email or phone, or just accepted it as it is and went on w/life?

#50 of 67 Daniel-M

Daniel-M

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted November 01 2008 - 07:41 AM

I refuse to believe that Fox hasn't noticed. We'll see when Season 12 is released

#51 of 67 Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,250 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted November 01 2008 - 03:39 PM

I'm wondering the same thing in regards to complaining about the packaging. Does Fox know about the public's disapproval? Is there enough of a backlash to warrant a change in packaging? I was excited about this set up until I heard about the packaging debacle. Needless to say, I'm not in any rush to pick it up any time soon.
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#52 of 67 CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,306 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted November 01 2008 - 05:34 PM

Worst Season Ever...Worst Packaging Ever. And more landfill-friendly than previous packaging. I get the joke.

Got the season as a "completist"...but there's no way these discs will get damaged from continually taking them out and putting them back in. Not here.

#53 of 67 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,430 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 02 2008 - 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Radke
I'm wondering the same thing in regards to complaining about the packaging. Does Fox know about the public's disapproval? Is there enough of a backlash to warrant a change in packaging?
If all the whining about the head packaging on S6 led to a change for the next 4 seasons and a mail-in for the S6 box then I think Fox knows that most people (and probably not just OCD fans) hate this package. Of course that doesn't mean that they will change it.

#54 of 67 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,430 posts

Posted November 06 2008 - 01:13 AM

A little late but here's the easter eggs for this set.

On the menus for Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder, Eight Misbehavin', Take My Wife, Sleaze, Faith Off, Saddlesore Galactica, Bart To The Future, Days Of Wines And D'Oh'ses, Last Tap Dance In Spingfield and Behind The Laughter, push UP from 'Play Episode' which highlights the crystal ball above, press ENTER and a deleted scene plays.

On the menus for Beyond Blunderdome, Little Big Mom, The Mansion Family and Alone Again, Natrua-diddly, press UP from 'Play Episode' which highlights the deck of cards, press ENTER and a deleted scene plays. There is a second deleted scene which you get by pressing UP from 'Play Episode' highlighting the deck of cards, press LEFT and the crystal ball highlights, press ENTER and you'll see the second deleted scene.

On the menu for Kill The Alligator And Run, press UP from 'Play Episode' which highlights the crystal ball, press ENTER and you get a promo poster for the episode.

On the main menu for disc four, press UP from Days Of Wines And D'Oh'ses which highlights a '?' on a sign, press ENTER and you get a clip from The Simpsons Ride.

#55 of 67 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,213 posts

Posted November 06 2008 - 01:38 AM

Here's another "kind of" Easter egg, since it just happens and there is no way that I know of to turn it on or off.

On the "Behind the Laughter" episode at the part near the end where they reveal where the Simpsons "really" live, a yellow question mark appears in the lower right corner of the screen. Press enter on your remote and you will see clips with all the alternate location line readings of where they live.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#56 of 67 Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 3,995 posts

Posted November 15 2008 - 10:13 PM

On disc 4 there's also a hidden Japanese commercial for Lemon CC soda. Only problem is I can't get to it on a regular DVD player- I scanned the disc on the computer and see it's on Title 17, but I haven't found any way to get to it through the menu, and if you program a regular DVD player to play that title, it'll just jump to the beginning of the first show, so someone REALLY doesn't want people to find this. Has anyone found the intended way to get to this?
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#57 of 67 Daniel-M

Daniel-M

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted January 10 2009 - 11:17 AM

Some guy on the IMDb-boards claims that he got Simpsons Season 11 the old way. Anyone know if Fox wised up and changed it, or is his guy lying?

#58 of 67 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,057 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted January 10 2009 - 01:21 PM

Depends on what he means by "the old way".

Does he mean the interior packaging, or that he just got a box that didn't have the Krusty head pasted on it?

#59 of 67 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 15,994 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 10 2009 - 01:47 PM

he didnt say "the old way"
what was actually said was.
"My season 11 doesn't have these "sleeves" everybody is talking about. The packaging on my is just like the previous season ones with the palstic trays."

by Ledtap 1 day ago (Fri Jan 9 2009 18:06:33)
Ignore this User | Report Abuse Reply
My season 11 doesn't have these "sleeves" everybody is talking about. The packaging on my is just like the previous season ones with the palstic trays.

Re: Season 11 DVD 'Sleeves'
by RetconAddict 12 hours ago (Sat Jan 10 2009 06:19:51)
Where are you from? Countrywise.

Re: Season 11 DVD 'Sleeves'
by Ledtap 4 hours ago (Sat Jan 10 2009 14:02:01)
United States

facebook.com/whotony

#60 of 67 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,430 posts

Posted January 10 2009 - 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-M
Some guy on the IMDb-boards claims that he got Simpsons Season 11 the old way. Anyone know if Fox wised up and changed it, or is his guy lying?
Never say never but I doubt it. If they have changed it, the guy is extremely lucky to have already gotten one considering how many thousands of 'old' copies are still sitting in the Fox warehouses (they aren't going to throw the old packages away) and the warehouses or shelves of Amazon, Best Buy, etc.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow