Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

RIP Jeff MacKay

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,003 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 07:57 AM

Just read this in the Tales of the Gold Monkey thread. Actor Jeff MacKay passed last Friday (Aug.22). He was seen on Magnum, Baa Baa Black Sheep, JAG and numerous other Bellisario shows.

Posted Image

Rest in Peace. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

• 1,324 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted August 28 2008 - 08:25 AM

So many people I grew up admiring are dying, including my parents. I did enjoy him in Gold Monkey, Baa Baa Black Sheep and all those guest appearances on various shows. Also recently deceased with little recognition is Julius Carry who appeared in an episode of JAG with him, better known as Lord Bowler or Sheriff Sho'nuff.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,446 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 11:34 AM

This is too sad. What would Dr. Shrinker have been without Jeff MacKay? God bless him Posted Image

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   BobSchneider

BobSchneider

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 04:53 PM

Oh wow what a bummer , he was a great character actor and he'll be missed form the tv scene. I love his character as buds dad on jag. Well like most actors as long as the show there go get played the have a certain immortality. Long may Jeff Mackey's re runs playPosted Image
Q: Why do you care?

A: You'll never know.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 09:20 PM

Wow, too bad! Yeah, I loved MacKay's character in ``Magnum'' as well as his portrayal of Bud's dad on ``JAG'' and I had no idea that Julius Carry had passed away, too...loved, absolutely loved his portrayal of Lord Bowler in ``Brisco County''. RIP to both. Posted Image

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   James Corey

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted August 29 2008 - 02:55 PM

I loved his work as Dr Abe Butterfield in Doctor, Doctor with Matt Frewer. A vastly underrated and too-quickly cancelled show (although it ran for nearly 3 years... when you could find it)

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   JeffO

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted September 02 2008 - 09:16 AM

I really enjoyed his work on Baa Baa Black Sheep and Magnum PI. My best wishes to his family. I always thought he deserved to be a more featured actor. I thought he would have made a perfect Cliff Clavin on Cheers, perhaps a bit more sympathetic than John R.
TV DVDs wanted: TJ Hooker (seasons 3-5), The Fall Guy (Seasons 2-5), Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Father Dowling Mysteries, Queen of Swords, Smurfs, and Charlemagne (1994 TV miniseries)

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen

Supporting Actor

• 660 posts

Posted September 02 2008 - 01:33 PM

Was a great, "evil" Big Bud on Jag. RIP. Doug
a:5:{s:9:"signature

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Dale MA

Dale MA

Supporting Actor

• 992 posts

Posted September 03 2008 - 11:46 AM