Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Waterworld: Extended Edition - 11/04

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 of 25 OFFLINE   PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 07:29 AM

Waterworld (US - DVD R1) in News > Releases at DVDActive

Posted Image

#2 of 25 OFFLINE   ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

• 438 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 08:20 AM

Posted Image I didn't see this coming. Thank you Universal, thank you very much. I like this movie and I've never the extended cut but I've heard good things about it. I'll get this for sure, and I won't even complain that its not coming to blu-ray and will most likely be barebones.

#3 of 25 OFFLINE   Charlie O.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor

• 509 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 09:08 AM

Really hoping they kept the DTS track from the old release but I guess there's not enough space if both cuts are going to be on one disc.

#4 of 25 OFFLINE   TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,045 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 09:51 AM

I remember watching EE on tv many years ago. it was much better. explained more about the girl. I did think it was better. Jacob

#5 of 25 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,698 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted August 28 2008 - 10:30 AM

I'm a fan, he shamelessly admitted. I've seen the extended cut on the sci-fi channel, I liked it. Only problem was that they cut some of the violence and nudity [gasps], hopefully the dvd extended version won't have those same cuts. Posted Image

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

My DVD and Blu-ray Blog

#6 of 25 OFFLINE   troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 10:46 AM

Well now, this is awesome news. I've never seen the extended cut, but, I like the theatrical cut of the film. The movie has this "feel" to it. I grew up around the water, so I guess I'm biased. This is one of the more original post apocalyptic sci-fi/action movies out there.
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#7 of 25 OFFLINE   Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,250 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted August 28 2008 - 10:49 AM

I'm really surprised this wasn't more well received. I only saw this twice in the theater, and for whatever reason, never owned the film in ANY format. This will be a guaranteed purchase for me.
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#8 of 25 OFFLINE   Robert Fielder

Robert Fielder

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 02:03 PM

Well its about %#$@ time! My first viewing of Waterworld was the superior extended cut, which I loved. When I later saw the theatrical cut, I was disappointed that nearly all of my favorite/most memorable moments were completely missing. This is a definite buy for me.
Unfortunately if the Dune Extended DVD (also released by Universal) is any indication, the censor cuts will still be present. The extended Waterworld was created exclusively for television airings and was re-edited accordingly.

#9 of 25 OFFLINE   Ray_R

Ray_R

Screenwriter

• 1,559 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 05:44 PM

Hopefully this won't contain a Digital Copy. From what I remember I quite enjoyed this film and its premise. So I'll consider this purchased. Also hoping both versions will be seamlessly branched and the second disc full of extras.

#10 of 25 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,512 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted August 29 2008 - 03:02 AM

this is very good to see.
facebook.com/whotony

#11 of 25 OFFLINE   troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted August 29 2008 - 06:30 AM

The Brotherhood of the Wolf they recently released didn't have a digital copy. It was the directors cut of the film on disc one and a generous amount of bonus content on disc two. Here's hoping that they keep following that model for this release.
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#12 of 25 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,017 posts

Posted September 01 2008 - 02:03 AM

Does anyone have a list of what was added to the extended edition? (in spoilers)
The only scene I remember was at the end where the woman and girl find the plaque saying the island is Mt.Everest.

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#13 of 25 OFFLINE   Gereon_B

Gereon_B

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted September 01 2008 - 04:05 AM

You can find that list on the IMDB site, under "Alternate Versions". I really wonder if this release was triggered by the fan edit of the long version that went online a few months ago (so-called "Ulysses Cut").

#14 of 25 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted September 01 2008 - 06:31 AM

"I'm wet with anticipation"
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#15 of 25 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,017 posts

Posted September 02 2008 - 03:22 AM

On a side note. How high would sea levels rise if all of the ice caps melted? I know its not as high as they show in the movie. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#16 of 25 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,512 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted September 02 2008 - 03:29 AM

todd why not wait until the dvd comes out and watch these added scenes?
facebook.com/whotony

#17 of 25 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,017 posts

Posted September 02 2008 - 05:18 AM

Honestly. I am trying to cut back on the amount of dvd's I buy. And I am usually just buying blu-rays.

#18 of 25 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted September 02 2008 - 09:14 AM

I can't believe Universal won't release this on Blu-ray considering the theatrical version has been on HD DVD since essentially day 1.

#19 of 25 OFFLINE   Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted September 02 2008 - 09:31 AM

Its about F-KIN TIME!! I have been waiting for this forever. Sawthe TV cut and never looked back. Havent owned this in a long time in anticipation of thsi release. And Yes I prefer Blu but as long as this has been in the making Ill take what i can get.
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#20 of 25 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter

• 1,066 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted September 03 2008 - 07:46 AM

The film's merits aside, I don't see how this film could be called original, as it's a little more than slightly reminiscent of THE ROAD WARRIOR, for starters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users