What's new

Chuck season 2 (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I posted this news at the end of the Season 1 thread so people there would see it. I think it is a good way to start the Season 2 thread. I just saw this news from NBC Goes All the Way With 'Chuck' - TVWeek - News

So, it looks quite promising for the new season. I hope the ratings will match the enthusiasm that NBC has for it right now and we actually will see all these episodes.

Neil

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Sounds like great news! Maybe this isn't what it means, but it sounds like the first six knocked their socks off. Last season was consistently great, even with the strike, so I hope they keep it at that level.

When does this come back? I had to get a new DVR at the end of the last season, so very few of my shows are set up to record. I was a little shocked to find that Prison Break will start in four days (almost missed recording it), and that Pushing Daisies won't be on until October!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Great news! I wish that season one on Blu-ray was coming out sooner. It would've been nice to go through it before season one.

Rocky F

Second Unit

Going off topic a bit, but that list has a few out-of-date dates on it. Not that I care about any of these shows but "The Moment of Truth" has been pulled off the schedule and replaced with "Hole in the Wall," "Survivor" has been pushed back a week to Sept. 25, and "Stylista" has been moved up a week to Oct. 22.

And back on topic, I'm really looking forward to the return of Chuck!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Just whipped through Season 1 and it quickly has become a favourite. Great cast and really enjoyed the geek references scattered throughout the episodes.

It will be interesting to see if TPTB are going to keep the show within its current framework or will they break out of it and move in new directions. ie will they keep the divisions between Chuck's two worlds separate.

This tension between the two worlds and between Chuck and Sara must be carefully managed or the show will jump the shark, or nuke the fridge, in a heartbeat.

Also Baldwin's character with his standing order to terminate Chuck once the new Intersect is up can be played for only so long too. This story thread could be used as a great opportunity for the show to really shakes things up if they decide to.

I love the humour of the show but would not mind if they played things a little more serious at times. It would be great to have an episode where the consequences of what happens in one world carried over to another. ie if Chuck was seriously injured saving Sarah and John.

Can't wait for Season 2.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Further guest stars lined up include John Larroquette, Melinda Clarke, Michael Strahan, Nicole Richie, Bruce Boxleitner, & Morgan Fairchild.

Also Tony Hale (Buster on “Arrested Development”) arrives in Episode 5 to play Emmett Milbarge, the Buy More’s new assistant manager.

The show's budget must have been increased for the second season.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
So has everyone seen the promo for this season? It promotes all the "new," but I was surprised that they would promote "new underwear." I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I'm just saying...

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

The video with the graphics and audio was of Sarah, but you know how marketing works.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
No comments on the show yet? I thought it was quite enjoyable and it is nice to have it back. It was a bit uneven and almost choppy at times. They seemed to be trying a little too hard to have a "big" season premiere, but there were still plenty of good movements.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Definitely seemed to have a bigger budget with some of the 007-esque gadgets and what not. I enjoyed the new credits sequence that was in keeping with the style of the first season credits but expanded to include the greater supporting cast.

The beginning was rough because it was written as a de-facto second pilot, which meant a lot of explaining that which is obvious to any regular viewer. If it expands the audience and keeps the show on the air, though, I'm all for it.

I loved seeing Casey's internal struggle over killing Chuck, to the point where we weren't sure if he would have gone ahead with it -- only to have not only the new Intercept blow up, but also the leadership that had been advising them. If you're going to negate the corner you've written yourself into, at least do it in a big, consequential way.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
That was a surprise.

I know they did it for some conflict and extra humor, but I just can't see them giving the order to eliminate Chuck before they've tested the new Intersect. Besides that, it was a very entertaining episode with some great laugh out loud and cheer out loud moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks