What's new

Anyone have a Consumer Reports Subscription?? (1 Viewer)

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi, I was reading on another Forum about FRAM Oil Filters Not being to good. So I thought Lets check some Reviews or see if there is any Reports on Oil Filters.

Well to my Surprise I have been having a hard time finding any Legitimate Info about the Quality of a Oil Filter.
M
So If you have a Subscription to anykind of Consumer Report like site can you look up Oil Filters and Find the Best Rated Oil Filters?? I would Really Appreciate it..

THNX
-Gerald

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
FWIW, you can try your local library, even my small town library has a CR subscription...

Google works too..

As far as the FRAM oil filters, I've heard good and bad on them, some of their higher end, higher priced filters seem to get OK reviews but I have heard bad stuff on their cheap line of filters. Have you tried google?

Jay

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Go to napa and get one of their gold filters or a Wix filter. The napa branded filters are made by Wix.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
I have Tried Google and Endedup at Mostly Pay sites or no good sites?? I will read the Oil Study when I get some time. I was just curious as I do My Own Oil changes and was just curious as to what up to date Oil Filters they are using these days??

I specifically wanted to know a Good Filter to use with Synthetic Oil & a Rotory Engine??

THNX!!
-Gerald

LewB

Screenwriter
I just did a search on the CR web site for 'oil filter' and did not come up with much, sorry...

FWIW, I go to the dealer for my oil filters and do the changes myself using full synthetic oil.

I used to use Fram filters on previous cars and can say that I never had a problem using them along with Quaker State oil changed at 3K Mile intervals. I then read some stuff about Fram filters being pretty flimsy (I have no way to know if this was true or false).

The filters from the dealer cost around $6 each, so I don't really sweat the fact that the Fram filter would probably be a bit cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks