What's new

Anybody else wanna see a compilation of "orphaned(mostly lost)" TV series? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Matthew
I've been wondering, now that Alpha Video has started releasing DVDs of failed TV pilot and one-off "live drama" productions, when will some company release a DVD of "orphaned" ie mostly destroyed TV series that only have 1 or 2 surviving episodes?:eek: I think that there must be at least some demand for such a DVD compilation. Heck, if my singing career takes off I might even start my own company to release such a thing;)
Seriously though, I think it's a good concept. Also, could the friendly and smart people of this critically-acclaimed website please help me create a list of such "orphaned" shows?

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Try Mill Creek Video! They have their "Shovelware" Collections such as Western TV Classics, Ultamate TV Westerns, Essential Westerns, & Best of TV Detectives, among others. Each set has 150 Episodes of mostly 1950s TV Shows, and you can get them for about 15 Bucks each! :D

Real Name
Matthew

Did you even read my thread? I'm talking about TV series which were mostly destroyed, and most of the content on those DVDs are from shows for which complete runs exist, although "Best of TV Detectives" has a couple of DuMont Network programs.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I'd buy them, also unaired pilots that didn't go anywhere but featuring talent that are loved from something else would be great.

Real Name
Kevin
I have one episode of the TV series "The Aldrich Family" from 1950 (Season 1) and would love to see more episodes.

I would also like to see more epiosdes of "Beulah". (I have about 6 or seven episodes).

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Sony has started releasing unused pilots via iTunes. I think it's a great idea, but I'm doubtful it could ever be successful enough to justify a huge amount of vault plundering. Perhaps if we ever get to a larger on-demand market, it might be cheap enough to do non-packaged releases of such material.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Id give good money to get The Questor Tapes, Genesis II, and Planet Earth. As far as buying "lost" shows, the only ones are know are not lost, just short lived.

The studios have not even mined many popular shows of the 50s and 60s that are NOT lost. So i cant see anyone putting out a release of a show that hasnt seen the light of day in 50 or 55 years. I would say it would be a blind buy for most of us, and i am in my 40s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks