35 replies to this topic

#1 of 36 TravisR

TravisR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 22 2008 - 10:45 AM

According to The Digital Bits, Wall-E is coming out on November 18 in two disc and three disc versions.

I loved the movie and I'm sure this will be a great looking disc so I can't wait!

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#walle

#2 of 36 Eric F

Eric F

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted August 22 2008 - 11:05 AM

2-disk for me thank you. No need for the digital copy.

#3 of 36 TravisR

TravisR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted August 22 2008 - 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric F
2-disk for me thank you. No need for the digital copy.
Yeah, it seems strange to charge $5 for something that, to the best of my knowledge, has always been free.

#4 of 36 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 15,849 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted August 22 2008 - 12:17 PM

is the dig copy the only thing extra about the third disc?

facebook.com/whotony

#5 of 36 Chris S

Chris S

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted August 22 2008 - 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD
is the dig copy the only thing extra about the third disc?

For the Blu-ray version, yes.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#6 of 36 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts

Posted August 22 2008 - 12:53 PM

I'm actually getting tired of these things....they're basically coasters to me. I'll go with the 2-disc.
Recently watched- Capote, Sudden Death, The Bounty Hunter, The English Patient, Quadrophenia, Armored, Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol, Arrow: Season 1, The Road, Hanna, The Rock, Fist Of Legend, 48 Hrs., Psycho III, Predator 3D, Gravity 3D, G.I. Joe: Retaliation 3D, The Monster Club

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3, Beauty and The Beast: Season 2

"I once traveled with a guide who was taking me to Faya. He didn't speak for nine hours. At the end of it he pointed at the horizon and said "Faya!". That was a good day."

#7 of 36 Ray H

Ray H

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted August 22 2008 - 01:33 PM

I don't really see the point of putting out so many configurations just to accommodate digital copies. Does anyone even care? Why don't they just do it as a store exclusive or something and save the cost of putting out the extra 3-disc releases?
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#8 of 36 TravisR

TravisR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted August 22 2008 - 02:36 PM

Not to jump to a conspiracy theory but maybe they're hoping that people think more discs means that there's more content (which is a fair assumption) and they just pick up the three discer without realizing the only other extra is the digital copy.

#9 of 36 Ron-P

Ron-P

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted August 22 2008 - 06:38 PM

A rental for me.

Never saw it and I've been bored by the previous Pixar films and this looks to be no different.
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#10 of 36 RickER

RickER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted August 22 2008 - 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph J.D
I'm actually getting tired of these things....they're basically coasters to me. I'll go with the 2-disc.

Ditto. I usually throw them, or give them away. Two disc BD for me.

#11 of 36 Jim_K

Jim_K

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 10,089 posts

Posted August 23 2008 - 02:00 AM

This'll be a blind-buy. I've yet to be disappointed by a Pixar film. er....Well maybe Cars.
Death before Streaming!

#12 of 36 Chris S

Chris S

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted August 23 2008 - 10:43 AM

If you're taste are anything like mine (and they seem to be with respect to Cars) then you won't be disappointed.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#13 of 36 Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 8,338 posts

Posted August 24 2008 - 02:19 AM

2 disk for me. Not sure who the digital copy is being catered for but this will be a nice addition.
Click on above image to enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
The Holodeck. My DIY Screen. DIY Subwoofer: The MaxCaliber
My humble collection of DVD's. HTF Beginner's Primer and FAQ

#14 of 36 Southpaw

Southpaw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted August 24 2008 - 06:09 AM

Actually, I'll probably buy the 3 disc w/ digital copy. You know why? I can put the digital copy on my video ipod which can then be plugged into my son's and daughter's portable DVD player. Voila. I've got a copy of Wall*E for the car without having to buy the SD DVD. Only add'l cost is 5 extra dollars for the 3 disc.

#15 of 36 WillG

WillG

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,213 posts

Posted August 24 2008 - 09:26 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it seems strange to charge $5 for something that, to the best of my knowledge, has always been free.

Well on SD DVD some time ago, the second disc in a two disc SE was free. Until of course they got comprehensive special feature fans hooked and then charged more for it. I really hope this is not going to start a tiered BD release strategy when we're already being charged a premium for BD in the first place. Now that pretty much every major release on DVD now comes two tiered, at least there would usually be only one BD with all the DVD features.

Also, I don't get why this whole digital copy thing is now the big "thing." personally, I could never enjoy a film on a three inch screen, I guess some people can, but I just don't understand it. Maybe if you have kids, but that would be the only practical application from my perspective.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#16 of 36 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• PipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted August 24 2008 - 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
Actually, I'll probably buy the 3 disc w/ digital copy. You know why? I can put the digital copy on my video ipod which can then be plugged into my son's and daughter's portable DVD player. Voila. I've got a copy of Wall*E for the car without having to buy the SD DVD. Only add'l cost is 5 extra dollars for the 3 disc.
You might want to double check that. Digital copy's workability with iPods has been spotty at best, although since Pixar was owned by Apple, that may not be the case here.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#17 of 36 Eric F

Eric F

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted August 24 2008 - 03:48 PM

Warner's digital copy of Dark City doesn't work with my Windows device either. Waste of money and space.

#18 of 36 Southpaw

Southpaw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted August 25 2008 - 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_J_H
You might want to double check that. Digital copy's workability with iPods has been spotty at best, although since Pixar was owned by Apple, that may not be the case here.

Good point and I will double check that before ordering. So far, I haven't had any issues moving two digital copy movies to my ipod.

#19 of 36 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 9,292 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 25 2008 - 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_K
This'll be a blind-buy. I've yet to be disappointed by a Pixar film. er....Well maybe Cars.

I watched Cars for about the 60th time yesterday and noticed EVEN MORE DETAILS that I hadn't before.

To me it really speaks to the genius of these filmmakers that what is probably their least-beloved film is so entertaining and rewatchable.

Can't wait for Wall-E!
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#20 of 36 BrettB

BrettB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted August 25 2008 - 05:52 AM

2-disc as I have no need for the digital copy.

Quote:
Sneak Peek: WALL-E's Tour of the Universe

Does anyone know what that is? Is it something that showed on tv before the film came out?

Back to Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow