What's new

Wall-E two and three disc sets on November 18 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
is the dig copy the only thing extra about the third disc?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I don't really see the point of putting out so many configurations just to accommodate digital copies. Does anyone even care? Why don't they just do it as a store exclusive or something and save the cost of putting out the extra 3-disc releases?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Not to jump to a conspiracy theory but maybe they're hoping that people think more discs means that there's more content (which is a fair assumption) and they just pick up the three discer without realizing the only other extra is the digital copy.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
A rental for me.

Never saw it and I've been bored by the previous Pixar films and this looks to be no different.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
This'll be a blind-buy. I've yet to be disappointed by a Pixar film. er....Well maybe Cars.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
If you're taste are anything like mine (and they seem to be with respect to Cars) then you won't be disappointed.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
2 disk for me. Not sure who the digital copy is being catered for but this will be a nice addition.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Actually, I'll probably buy the 3 disc w/ digital copy. You know why? I can put the digital copy on my video ipod which can then be plugged into my son's and daughter's portable DVD player. Voila. I've got a copy of Wall*E for the car without having to buy the SD DVD. Only add'l cost is 5 extra dollars for the 3 disc.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well on SD DVD some time ago, the second disc in a two disc SE was free. Until of course they got comprehensive special feature fans hooked and then charged more for it. I really hope this is not going to start a tiered BD release strategy when we're already being charged a premium for BD in the first place. Now that pretty much every major release on DVD now comes two tiered, at least there would usually be only one BD with all the DVD features.

Also, I don't get why this whole digital copy thing is now the big "thing." personally, I could never enjoy a film on a three inch screen, I guess some people can, but I just don't understand it. Maybe if you have kids, but that would be the only practical application from my perspective.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
You might want to double check that. Digital copy's workability with iPods has been spotty at best, although since Pixar was owned by Apple, that may not be the case here.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Warner's digital copy of Dark City doesn't work with my Windows device either. Waste of money and space.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason

Good point and I will double check that before ordering. So far, I haven't had any issues moving two digital copy movies to my ipod.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I watched Cars for about the 60th time yesterday and noticed EVEN MORE DETAILS that I hadn't before.

To me it really speaks to the genius of these filmmakers that what is probably their least-beloved film is so entertaining and rewatchable.

Can't wait for Wall-E!

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
2-disc as I have no need for the digital copy.

Does anyone know what that is? Is it something that showed on tv before the film came out?

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Amazon is showing the 2 and 3 disc Blu-Ray sets for the same price.

Now, sorry if this is a dumb question but what exactly is a "digital copy"? Is it an SD-DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks