What's new

RIP LeRoi Moore (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
This is just plain awful. I've been listening to/attending DMB shows since '96 and this news truly saddens me. All I care to do is listen to (DMB) tunes, drink and (try to be) merry.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I just got back from the Staples Center show where Dave announced LeRoi's passing. A very emotional show. It was obvious that Carter and Stefan were crying during the set (you could see it in the giant screen closeups). It was an intensely emotional show, Dave said they were playing "all of LeRoi's favorite songs". A lot of slow, introspective songs.

On a lighter note, there were some incredible covers I'd never heard before tonight, including "Burning Down the House" and "Sledgehammer". I hope the band got to see him prior to his passing. Apparently he was recuperating from the accident in his L.A. house and was taken to an L.A. hospital because of complications arising from the accident. Since they're playing L.A. I hope they at least got to see him before he went.

Rest in peace, LeRoi.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

A lot of us in the DMB commnity were wondering if the crowd even knew what Dave was saying or if word even got out before the show?

I bet it was VERY emotional although I do think the set was somewhat indicative of what they have been playing all summer long. However, they have been pulling out all the stops and bringing back many, many old tunes and favorites. They really have honed "Sledgehammer" to a science and "Burning Down The House" is quickly becoming quite good. They have also covered "Money" by Floyd and "Hey Hey My My (Into The Black)" by Neil Young and "Thank You Falettinmebemiceelf" by Sly & The Family Stone. It's been quite the summer, especially with Tim on board and Butch exiting (which was a blessing in my opinion) but Roi's death just cast a dark shadow over everything that was achieved.

Many of the tunes from the summer can be found here although you will need to use Winamp or another program to be able to play the FLAC files:

http://www.greppson.net/shared/

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
This is very sad news indeed. LeRoi was part of what made DMB so unique, and some of my favorite moments were when his sax took center stage. He will certainly be missed by me, and I'm sure many, many, others. My condolences go out to all who knew him.

I do hope they release an official album of LeRoi's last show in remembrance. I can't think of a better way to honor him and his memory than through his own music.

Mike Slade

Second Unit

I thought the very same thing. I think they should change the Live Trax they just announced to the 6.28.08 show. I downloaded it Tuesday night but it'd be nice to have an official release of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks