What's new

Godfather restoration questions (1 Viewer)

Rob_D

Agent
Mr. Harris,

I have a few quick questions regarding the highly anticipated September release of The Godfather trilogy. I do not believe any of these topics have been discussed on the forum yet - my apologies if they have been covered.

Regarding extra/deleted scenes - Were these part of the restoration project as well? - Do you know if the extra/deleted scenes will be included on the respective stand alone dvd releases? - Lastly, was there any discussions re incorporating these scenes into I and II? (I toggle between being a purist and wanting these wonderful films left 'as is' and wondering how they would flow with the additional scenes - most, if not all, of which are very good.

Thank you.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the finished product as EVERYTHING I have read regarding the restoration has been quite positive.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
none of the above

From a purely archival pov one does not makes changes or additions to films

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
I was wondering if the missing last bit of music of The Godfather Part II end credit music (BR) was intentional or an error? I've watched the film all the way to the end so many times that when it wasn't there this time, I was a bit put off.

It was great to have the additional restoration credit music added, but not at the expense of losing even one note of music from the film proper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks