Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Godfather restoration questions

Robert Harris

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Rob_D

Rob_D

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted August 15 2008 - 12:17 PM

Mr. Harris,

I have a few quick questions regarding the highly anticipated September release of The Godfather trilogy. I do not believe any of these topics have been discussed on the forum yet - my apologies if they have been covered.

Regarding extra/deleted scenes - Were these part of the restoration project as well? - Do you know if the extra/deleted scenes will be included on the respective stand alone dvd releases? - Lastly, was there any discussions re incorporating these scenes into I and II? (I toggle between being a purist and wanting these wonderful films left 'as is' and wondering how they would flow with the additional scenes - most, if not all, of which are very good.

Thank you.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the finished product as EVERYTHING I have read regarding the restoration has been quite positive.

#2 of 3 Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,307 posts

Posted August 22 2008 - 12:42 PM

none of the above

From a purely archival pov one does not makes changes or additions to films

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#3 of 3 Reed Grele

Reed Grele

Supporting Actor

• 810 posts
  • LocationBeacon Falls, CT

Posted October 05 2008 - 08:51 AM

I was wondering if the missing last bit of music of The Godfather Part II end credit music (BR) was intentional or an error? I've watched the film all the way to the end so many times that when it wasn't there this time, I was a bit put off.

It was great to have the additional restoration credit music added, but not at the expense of losing even one note of music from the film proper.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Robert Harris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users