What's new

The Rockford Files - Season 6 and the series of 90's TV movies (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I've just done a forum search and there are no existing threads for the final sixth season of The Rockford Files and the series of 90's TV movies.

Are there legal problems with the final sixth season, preventing it from being released? It was January (I think) when the fifth season was released on R1. Were there any episodes in season 6 which had a longer running time like "The Man Who Saw The Alligators"?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Someone posted a message a while ago, saying that Stephen Cannell's website responded to a question by saying they had heard the sixth season was due late this year, but nothing more specific.

The sixth season, I believe, had only ten episodes, two of which were two-part shows, making it twelve hours' worth. Unlike "Alligators", the two-hour shows should not present any problem as far as edited versions, so I don't know what the hold-up is, beyond Universal's general slowdown of late.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Possibly. I suspect that was where all the Digibeta tapes you would use to make DVD masters were kept.

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney

That would be my fear, since it has been so long with no announcement. But Universal does have the sixth season available on Netflix for instant viewing...is that any indication that the material survived the fire?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A new news article was posted on TVShowsOnDVD recently about Season 6 of The Rockford Files. It will be released on Region 1 in January 2009 (around the same time as Season 2 of Mannix and The Invaders).

Even though I don't think they've used a Season 6 image of James Garner as Jim Rockford on the front cover it is different slightly to previous covers. And I do like that sunset picture with the yacht in the background.

What I think would be a good extra would be a CBS promo for the first TV movie, because they've got to release the CBS TV movies Universal, if they've got this far and are releasing the final sixth season on DVD.

Now I bought the Region 1 boxset of the fifth season because it included the longer version of "The Man Who Saw the Alligators". The Region 2 boxset included the shorter version.

With Season 6 is there anything which might be different to the Region 2 boxset which I assume will come out?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Will anyone here be doing a review of the Season 6 (Region 1) set which comes out on Tuesday in the US?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Price is a bit high given this season was about half the normal shows, if they had included the telefilms it would've been fine, as it is I'll wait for a sale or better price.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Either way, I'm just happy that the entire series is released. I would've been ticked if they stalled this one, however I've never seen the movies & would love to get them.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I don't know, $29.99 AT Best Buy sounds fair to me. This is the same company that sold season one of Night Gallery (6 episodes plus pilot) for $59.99. This was still one of the best seasons of the Rockford Files, so it's a bargain to me. I'm sure the TV movies were probably great, but I'm just not a fan of reunion shows. This will be the last set for me.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Where do you guys get double length episodes from? Only one episode was multiple length and it was for four episodes. Running time is 9 hours ... it's half a season, at 12 episodes.

It's 12 standard episodes on this set and way overpriced, even for $30.

Even E,mergency is 22 episodes and it's priced cheaper than rockford at $28

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I tried to buy it from Best Buy, but they didn't have it and the sales clerk had never heard of the show. I had to spell the name out to him.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I watched the first five episodes last night and the only episode from this season that I have remembered so far is the Lauren Bacall 2-part episode.

Strange since I thought that I'd seen every episode of this show when it first went into syndication back in the late 70s and early 80s. Hmmm. Well, this makes watching this season all that much more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks