Jump to content



Sign up for a free account to remove the pop-up ads

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bigfoot found???


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
274 replies to this topic

#41 of 275 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

    Executive Producer



  • 11,683 posts
  • Join Date: Feb 08 2002
  • LocationVermont

Posted August 20 2008 - 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk
Even the most endangered large land dwelling mammals on this planet are filmed by scientist. I think a few years years ago national geographic filmed some leopard in some country that had not been seen in 10 years and is rumored to only be in the hundreds in population. And this is a leopard, a smaller, camouflaged nimble creature living a very unpopulated dense area of the world. But yet bigfoot lives in an area where hikers and campers are YEAR ROUND, yet mysteriously he has never walked into a campsite and eaten any of the campers food. And he's a Bipedal seven foot creature that can not be confused for anything else on this planet.
Well, there was also the recent discovery of an unknown population of thousands of gorillas that effectively doubled the known population of that animal. Gorillas ain't exactly small, so how did tens of thousands of them remain unknown until 2008?

I'm not really a Bigfoot believer, I'm just noting there are still apparently some surprising discoveries to be made on our planet despite all of our technology and knowledge.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#42 of 275 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

    Executive Producer



  • 10,051 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 20 2002
  • Real Name:Russell
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted August 20 2008 - 05:10 AM

Dermal ridges, audio recordings, and thousands of eye witness accounts... yet not one clear photo or hair sample, in a heavily populated area...... Hmmmm..........

Again, those gorillas are in a relatively un-populated area. I'd guess that hobbyist Bigfoot hunters out number gorilla hunters, and just hunters and regular folk in the area where all these Bigfoot sightings supposedly happening probably out number all the above.

As far as the legends, they are just stories used to teach life lessons (like most legends and myths), unless you believe that Manitous grow out of people and stuff like that, which is fine by me. As far as the people having nothing to gain, that doesn't mean they are seeing or hearing a Bigfoot. They could hear an old tree groan in the middle of the night and if they have Bigfoot on their mind, it's bigfoot. there's a reason why circumstantial eyewitness info is taken with a grain of salt in the courts, and used in support of the ahrd facts, not as the facts themselves.

Most of those Dermal ridges have been taken as cast impressions from most people in the know on making casts. As much as I would love to have Bigfoot running about, I sadly just don't think it's happening.

#43 of 275 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

    Screenwriter



  • 2,749 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 03 2005

Posted August 20 2008 - 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

I'm not really a Bigfoot believer, I'm just noting there are still apparently some surprising discoveries to be made on our planet despite all of our technology and knowledge.

Remember the Tsunami in 2004 that hit Indonesia?
Well after the waters subsided, there were many species of fish that had washed up with it. Some were unknown, and some were thought to be extinct for millions of years. Impressive!

It goes to show you the world is a big place. There is always room for discovery.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

 

 

 


#44 of 275 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

    Studio Mogul



  • 22,341 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 15 2004
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 20 2008 - 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm R
I'm not really a Bigfoot believer, I'm just noting there are still apparently some surprising discoveries to be made on our planet despite all of our technology and knowledge.
Exactly.

#45 of 275 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

    Executive Producer



  • 10,051 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 20 2002
  • Real Name:Russell
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted August 20 2008 - 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan^H
Remember the Tsunami in 2004 that hit Indonesia?
Well after the waters subsided, there were many species of fish that had washed up with it. Some were unknown, and some were thought to be extinct for millions of years. Impressive!

It goes to show you the world is a big place. There is always room for discovery.

And the sea is still largely unexplored. Like Seattle and Oregon where the Bigfoot are.... Posted Image

#46 of 275 OFFLINE   Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray

    Supporting Actor



  • 852 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 20 1999

Posted August 20 2008 - 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H
Bigfoot found? One giant severed foot? Oops. Wrong Scott McGillivray thread. Posted Image

Haha...yeah I am not sure why I have been caught up in oddball threads latley! I guess I have been rather bored at work and tend to surf the Internet...A LOT! Posted Image

Now if Bigfoots foot washes up on the beach near Vancouver...do I get a prize or something? Posted Image
Scott A. McGillivray
Vancouver, B.C.

Struggling Actor and Movie Nut!
(Check out my profile on IMDB!)http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1425496/

#47 of 275 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

    Screenwriter



  • 2,749 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 03 2005

Posted August 20 2008 - 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell G
And the sea is still largely unexplored. Like Seattle and Oregon where the Bigfoot are.... Posted Image
Your like Scully....except with Mulder's sense of humorPosted Image
Let's keep it going. I like debate.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

 

 

 


#48 of 275 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

    Screenwriter



  • 2,833 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 30 2002

Posted August 20 2008 - 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan^H
Remember the Tsunami in 2004 that hit Indonesia?
Well after the waters subsided, there were many species of fish that had washed up with it. Some were unknown, and some were thought to be extinct for millions of years. Impressive!

It goes to show you the world is a big place. There is always room for discovery.

True. For a long time a giant squid had never been filmed. Ever. Because of it's overall area of habitat was so vast, and the fact that it lives at the bottom of the oceans. But surprisingly it still wound up in fishermens nets when dead. Strange to think that an animal that was never caught on film by scientist in all their years of searching was still able to be found a poor fishermen trying to make a buck...........in an expanse as large as the oceans, which by the way are also pretty deep and completely unexplored. But even the slightest bit of evidence that a bigfoot is real? What about a set of fossils from a dead one? The myth has been around since the 1800s, so they have to be breeding out there.

#49 of 275 OFFLINE   drobbins

drobbins

    Screenwriter



  • 1,870 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 02 2004

Posted August 20 2008 - 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm R
Well, there was also the recent discovery of an unknown population of thousands of gorillas that effectively doubled the known population of that animal. Gorillas ain't exactly small, so how did tens of thousands of them remain unknown until 2008?

I'm not really a Bigfoot believer, I'm just noting there are still apparently some surprising discoveries to be made on our planet despite all of our technology and knowledge.
I also think that the term "discovery" needs to be defined. Like Columbus "discovered" the Americas. An ancient ruin was "discovered" when local tribesmen took the scientist to the site.
My sister studies gorillas in Africa, but not at the location of this discovery. They did not discover a new species of gorilla. They used a different method to count them and found that there were more of them than they previously thought. Saying that 125,000 Gorillas were "discovered" sounds a lot better than saying that we are adjusting our population numbers based on a new census method. I also have asked about the difference of highland and lowland gorillas. Are they really 2 different species just because they decided to live at different altitudes? Is there DNA so different that they can not inter breed? Would they "discover" a new species if they saw some gorillas living halfway up the mountain?

#50 of 275 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

    Studio Mogul



  • 22,341 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 15 2004
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 20 2008 - 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk
What about a set of fossils from a dead one? The myth has been around since the 1800s, so they have to be breeding out there.
What if their numbers are extremely small or they've gone extinct? IF Bigfoot exists/existed, it's not like there's lots of them or they most likely would have been discovered already.

#51 of 275 OFFLINE   drobbins

drobbins

    Screenwriter



  • 1,870 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 02 2004

Posted August 20 2008 - 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
What if their numbers are extremely small or they've gone extinct? IF Bigfoot exists/existed, it's not like there's lots of them or they most likely would have been discovered already.
I was just wondering about that also. In order for the species to survive, how many are needed? How many generations need to exist at one time? Do they travel in a family group or a tribal group? The more of them there would be needed, the more likely there would be evidence. If there are many bigfeet (bigfoots?) Where do they sleep? What do they eat? A group would definitely leave more of a trail. If they are loners and avoid each other, that would increase the odds of seeing one. There should be traces of them to be found. Do they shed? Where is all the hair?

#52 of 275 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

    Executive Producer



  • 10,051 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 20 2002
  • Real Name:Russell
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted August 20 2008 - 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
What if their numbers are extremely small or they've gone extinct? IF Bigfoot exists/existed, it's not like there's lots of them or they most likely would have been discovered already.

Well, the "experts" say "There are only estimates. The informed estimates range from roughly 2000 - 6000 individuals for all of North America" from the site linked elsewhere.

also from the site, which is the main problem with all this mythical beats, paranormal things...

On the matter of Physical evidence:

Quote:
The assertion that there is absolutely no physical evidence is absolutely false. There is more physical evidence than most people realize. Physical evidence is found every month in various areas across the country. Distinct tracks that do not match other animal tracks, hairs that match each other but no known wild animals, and large scats that could not be made by any known species, are all "physical evidence."

The presence or absence of "physical remains" is a wholly different matter. "Physical remains" means body parts, or fossils of body parts. Though mammals may leave tracks, scats and hairs behind, they do not leave body parts behind very often. Body parts of mammals are only available when they die. Thus availability of physical remains is initially determined by population size and lifespan. A rare species with a long lifespan will leave very little physical remains, collectively, for humans to find. The probability of humans actually finding and collecting and identifying those remains before they are completely reabsorbed into the biomass complicates the "physical remains as evidence" equation dramatically.

The sections below address scenarios such as natural deaths, road kills, and hunter kills.

So theres lots of evidence, and no evidence... there is at least "hairs that match each other but no known wild animals, and large scats that could not be made by any known species, are all "physical evidence." Hairs! Poo! Man, they must have TONS of DNA samples and such to confirm without a doubt that bigfoot exists. Except... none of it's on the site. Sure, they got the Patterson film (not conclusive proof) and howls recorded, but none of the hair and poo reports from a recognized scientific body. And before you say that recognized labs ignore this stuff, your wrong. When a hair sample showed up in Alberta in 2006, a proffesor at the University Of Alberta (one of the leading research hospitals in the world) studied it. It was Yak hair, from a carpet. but it shows that people will study the evidence, if there is evidence.

Science isn't about disproving, it's about confirming. so far, the evidence to confirm Bigfoots existance is non-existant.
My wallet cries me to sleep!

My Movie A Day Blog! The greatest movie blog EVER!

This post kills threads!

#53 of 275 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

    Executive Producer



  • 10,051 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 20 2002
  • Real Name:Russell
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted August 20 2008 - 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobbins
... Where do they sleep?

In the same cave with the unicorns.... Posted Image

#54 of 275 OFFLINE   BrianW

BrianW

    Screenwriter



  • 2,554 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 30 1999

Posted August 20 2008 - 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Gatie
Jeebus, we go through this every year, don't we?
At least nobody (yet) has said, "Oh, yeah? Well, you can't prove Bigfoot doesn't exist!" Posted Image
-Brian
Come, Rubidia. Let's blow this epoch.

#55 of 275 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

    Lead Actor



  • 6,530 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 19 2002

Posted August 20 2008 - 06:39 AM

I'm with Eddie Murphy:

Quote:
Your wife's a Bigfoot, isn't she, Gus? Your wife is a Bigfoot, isn't she? That's why the bitch's moustache is so motherfuckin' thick... 'cause you shaved the bitch down and taught her to speak. I know a motherfuckin' Bigfoot when I see one! Don't bring a Bigfoot into my home, Gus! With my children? The bitch can't talk! She can't walk a flight of steps! She's not trained well, Gus! She can *not* walk steps! I'll bet she climbs the fuck outta trees, though, don't she, Gus? Doesn't she? DOESN'T SHE? But you got to not bring her around here - fuck her!

And your motherfuckin' children? They're Bigfeet, too. They're half-Bigfoot, Gus, 'cause the motherfuckers is 6 years old and have Afros 17 inches long. They're little hairy motherfuckers, just like their mother. Look at the motherfuckers! You know how I found out they was Bigfoot - when I realized your wife was a Bigfoot when I took your kids fishing last week. I put the motherfuckers in the boat, Gus, and I took the worm and I put it on the hooks. And they both sat there, and they put their poles down in the motherfuckin' boat, and slammed their faces in the water for 2 minutes! And I think, "What the fuck are these kids doin'?" Then they start moving their heads like this [quickly shakes head back and forth] and the motherfuckers come up with fish! I jumped back and said, "Can you believe this motherfuckin' shit?" Then the kid took the fish out his mouth and looked at his brother and said, "Goonie-Goo-Goo."

What the fuck is going on here? Normal kids don't do shit like that, Gus. But I'm gonna tell you something, motherfucker. You can take your motherfuckin' hairy fat-ass wife moustache bitch out the fuck, you can go upstairs and get the motherfuckin' dog and scoop up the shit and take Eddie and get these mothafuckin' long Angela Davis afro-wearin' motherfuckin' kids of yours and put them in the motherfucking "Goonie-Goo-Goo"-mobile and get the fuck out! And if my wife don't like that, she can get the fuck out, too!

[Eddie mimes his shoe-throwing noise] You missed me, bitch!


#56 of 275 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

    Executive Producer



  • 10,051 posts
  • Join Date: Sep 20 2002
  • Real Name:Russell
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted August 20 2008 - 07:30 AM

LOL! the Discovery Channel website has a report on the suit, with notes from the researchers.

Quote:
Two researchers on a quest to prove the existence of Bigfoot say that the carcass encased in a block of ice -- handed over to them for an undisclosed sum by two men who claimed to have found it -- was slowly thawed out, and discovered to be a rubber gorilla outfit.

They paid for it. Which is why the hoaxers keep doing this....

Quote:
The thawing process was sped up and the exposed head was found to be "unusually hollow in one small section."
LOL. It's a fucking mask! No shit it was unually hollow. And they had to wait for the feet to be exposed to realize it was rubber? WTF? If they are this oblivious to man made materials, how is ANY supposed evidence to be taken seriously? Posted Image

Why this is so funny to me is if this is the picture they were going off of to buy it...

Posted Image

then really, they should of realized it was fake within about 5 seconds of being in the same room with it!

This is why I love bigfoot stuff so much. If we ever found a live one, it would be amzing, but till then, the comedy of errors in all these false ones are comedy gold. Posted Image
My wallet cries me to sleep!

My Movie A Day Blog! The greatest movie blog EVER!

This post kills threads!

#57 of 275 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

    Screenwriter



  • 2,833 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 30 2002

Posted August 20 2008 - 08:00 AM

The mere fact that Bigfoot is so elusive leads me to believe he buries his turds, so the fact that someone found a bigfoot scat is completely false.

#58 of 275 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

    Executive Producer



  • 12,060 posts
  • Join Date: May 19 2002

Posted August 20 2008 - 10:32 AM

Perhaps King Pellinore could seek Bigfoot instead of the Questing Beast.
¡Time is not my master!

#59 of 275 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

    Screenwriter



  • 2,749 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 03 2005

Posted August 20 2008 - 10:45 AM

The Bigfoot species are nocturnal. So think about how often would you see a species that has low numbers to begin with in the remotest parts of thick forests.


Day sightings are relatively rare. A successful expedition would require trained trackers in Bigfoot areas, with Starlight vision, and a lot of luck.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

 

 

 


#60 of 275 OFFLINE   Bob Turnbull

Bob Turnbull

    Supporting Actor



  • 840 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 02 2001

Posted August 20 2008 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
3 reasons that Bigfoot is real:
You mean "3 reasons that Bigfoot MIGHT be real".

Quote:
1-Dermal Ridges
Not having spent much time looking into the details of Bigfeet, I've never heard that. But off the top of my head two things spring to mind: 1) when I leave hand prints or bare foot prints in the dirt, do I leave my dermal ridges clear enough so that a cast would pick them up? I doubt it... 2) the simpler solution is that those ridges are actually created during the process of creating those casts. I don't know of course, but it certainly sounds more plausible to me.

By the way, what would a group of Bigfeet be called? A herd? A pack? A Biggle?

Quote:
2-Audio recordings
Unidentified sounds in the woods. Again, that could be numerous things. And likely completely different things on each recording - I highly doubt that the many recordings made all sound similar.

Quote:
3-Again with the eyewitness accounts
Anecdotal evidence just doesn't equate with physical evidence and doesn't enter into any kind of scientific enquiry on the subject. Maybe if there is enough of it, it can point to areas that require further study. And when you do the further study and find nothing...

And what did all of these eyewitness accounts actually see? An actual 8 foot hair-covered lumbering beast? Or something that appeared to move in the bushes? Or something they couldn't recognize far off in the distance?




Back to After Hours Lounge



Forum Nav Content I Follow