-

Photo
- - - - -

Bigfoot found???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
274 replies to this topic

#1 of 275 Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted August 15 2008 - 04:59 AM

Well, here I am starting another weird thread. Apparently, some hunters have found the body of an actual Bigfoot/Sasquatch. They are supposed to reveal their findings to the press today. I am strangely interested in this.

Body proves Bigfoot no myth, hunters say - CNN.com

It really would not shock me to learn that the legend of Bigfoot was real. I live in British Columbia, Canada. When you see just how vast the forests are, it makes me think that I just might be possible for a large species like this to remain hidden. The panda bear was a myth for a long time as well.

Of course, this could also (and more likely be) a scam or publicity stunt etc.

Thoughts?
Scott A. McGillivray
Vancouver, B.C.

Struggling Actor and Movie Nut!
(Check out my profile on IMDB!)http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1425496/

#2 of 275 Ed Moroughan

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit

• 377 posts
  • LocationStar Lake, NY

Posted August 15 2008 - 05:15 AM

"But he said that even in north Georgia, home to the Blue Ridge Mountains and the foot of the Appalachian Trail, it stretches the imagination to think a family of 7-foot-tall creatures could have eluded hunters, hikers and creeping development until now."

This is exactly why I DON'T believe in Bigfoot. But, I will be the first to self-correct when real science and experts back up their claim.

#3 of 275 Todd H

Todd H

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted August 15 2008 - 05:22 AM

Over at randi.org, there's a thread where someone posted some pictures of the body and matched it up to a bigfoot costume sold online. I'm thinking hoax.

#4 of 275 ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,492 posts

Posted August 15 2008 - 07:23 AM

the news conference is oddly compelling, and I can't seem to stop watching...
It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink: 

#5 of 275 Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter

• 1,129 posts

Posted August 15 2008 - 07:28 AM

Scott, I thought of your UFO thread as soon as I saw the article.

I am skeptical. There's something off about that picture. The eyes don't look right, it looks more like a mask. Also, I have seen many dead wild animals over the years and this just doesn't look like a dead animal to me. Usually there is more dirt and bloating and decay, and while the guts tumbling out of the stomach look like real intestines, it is rare to ever find that in nature because things dry up and rot pretty fast (or are eaten by other animals). There is a whole "posed" look to the body. If I really found a strange body in the woods, I wouldn't take it home and put it in my freezer!

I'm saying hoax too.
"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink

#6 of 275 RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted August 15 2008 - 07:39 AM

The face looks just like Cornelius from Planet of the Apes!

If its a hoax, i hope the 2 law officers are not the perpetrators.

#7 of 275 Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted August 15 2008 - 08:17 AM

"a pair of Bigfoot-hunting hobbyists from north Georgia"

I think this sums it up. I'm from Atlanta, but I know what types of people dwell in north Georgia, and south Georgia for that matter.

#8 of 275 drobbins

drobbins

Screenwriter

• 1,870 posts

Posted August 17 2008 - 06:29 AM

Suprise Suprise.. Posted Image

#9 of 275 bobbyg2

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor

• 897 posts

Posted August 17 2008 - 06:33 AM

Bigfoot?

Posted Image
"Bobby is and idiot"

#10 of 275 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,459 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 17 2008 - 08:37 AM

I just knew Bigfoot was a cross between a human and a opposum! This proves Bigfioot is real! Posted Image Posted Image

#11 of 275 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,623 posts

Posted August 17 2008 - 10:08 AM

It's jerks that perpetrate a hoax like this that give Bigfoot enthusiasts a bad name.

http://bfro.net/

As it stands the Patterson footage, and the audio recordings of Bigfoot in Northern California are 100% scientifically accurate and not a hoax.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#12 of 275 drobbins

drobbins

Screenwriter

• 1,870 posts

Posted August 17 2008 - 10:13 AM

Maybe we need the Admins to merge this thread with the baby-opposum-played-dead-oops thread.

#13 of 275 Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted August 17 2008 - 11:03 AM

And as it turns out these two guys are not exactly police officers as one is on administrative leave and the other a former prison guard.

They are owners of bigfoottracker.com and Bigfoot Global LLC, a company that offers Bigfoot expeditions. This according to searchingforbigfoot.com that is Tom Biscardi’s organization (and who these guys called, “the real Bigfoot hunter”).

What a surprise that this trio would put out a hoax designed to increase business.

This means that the real Bigfoot hunter as verified a non-real Bigfoot—so real in this case means “not qualified”.
¡Time is not my master!

#14 of 275 Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted August 18 2008 - 02:52 AM

Bummer. It is not like I am a Bigfoot Enthusiast or anything, but it really would have been cool if it had turned out to be true.
Scott A. McGillivray
Vancouver, B.C.

Struggling Actor and Movie Nut!
(Check out my profile on IMDB!)http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1425496/

#15 of 275 Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted August 18 2008 - 03:12 AM

Oh so the seven foot bipedal hairy man beast isn't real? Drats. I figured after all this time he would have at least wandered into some rural town and ate out of a dumpster, like every other wild creature on this planet. That's just me using logic, but the bigfoot experts say he is to smart for that! This is so disappointing!!!!!

on a serious note, the news agencies have got to stop reporting this crap.

#16 of 275 Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Executive Producer

• 14,314 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted August 18 2008 - 04:29 AM

A rare shot of sasquatch actually posing for the camera, and letting it all hang out. Posted Image

Posted Image

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#17 of 275 Russell G

Russell G

Lead Actor

• 9,800 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted August 18 2008 - 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan^H
It's jerks that perpetrate a hoax like this that give Bigfoot enthusiasts a bad name.

Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization

As it stands the Patterson footage, and the audio recordings of Bigfoot in Northern California are 100% scientifically accurate and not a hoax.

Ummm... your being sarcastic right? Just in case...

Exposing Roger Patterson's 1967 Bigfoot film hoax: new revelations shed light on a world-famous, much-debated film supposedly showing a Bigfoot creature | Skeptical Inquirer | Find Articles at BNET

Quote:
After nearly forty years of secrecy, the truth behind the world-famous Roger Patterson Bigfoot film has been revealed. The man who actually wore the costume and played the role of Bigfoot in the film has been located and has made a full confession. Moreover, the husband and wife team who made and sold the Bigfoot costume that Patterson used to fake his movie have also confessed, and several other important eyewitnesses have come forth with corroborating evidence. In a new book, The Making of Bigfoot: The Inside Story (Prometheus Books, 2004), Seattle-based author Greg Long reveals details of the hoax, the result of a six-year investigation which also clandestinely involved author Kal Korff.

#18 of 275 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,575 posts

Posted August 18 2008 - 06:38 AM

The Truth Before our Eyes

I found this answer to the charges of fakery interesting. I've watched the film a number of times and I remain unconvinced that it is a hoax. That film is about the only thing that actually looks authentic when it comes to a Bigfoot sighting.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#19 of 275 Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted August 18 2008 - 08:14 AM

True. Bigfoot is really real. Actually, he is also a chameleon, that's why he is spotted so rarely. Maybe he is related to the Predator. Long live the bigfoot! You know, me being a smartass in this thread almost gaurantees that the next time I go camping I'll be ripped to pieces by the bigfoot. Karma is a beyotch.

#20 of 275 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,838 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 18 2008 - 08:49 AM

It's a big world and they find new species of animals every day (not to mention that a number of species go extinct every day) so I'll never understand why people dismiss the possibility of a missing link outright. I'm sure most Bigfoot sightings are either mistaken or outright lies but that doesn't automatically mean that it doesn't exist either.

Forum Nav Content I Follow