What's new

Sin City Pushed Back To 2009 (1 Viewer)

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
my wallet is happy this got pushed back. September and October will be killer enough...

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I wonder if From Dusk til Dawn is still getting an Oct release? Sin City and it had the same release date.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know Sin City was announced. I've only been out of town for 3 days and it gets announced, then delayed while I'm gone. :laugh: I guess that saves me from a disappointment. ;)

Now what's this about Braveheart? :eek:

brap

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alisdair Edwards
It's true. To my suprise, I saw it at FutureShop yesterday. I didn't bother picking it up though. Barebones with no HD audio (DTS and DD 5.1 only). I figured there will eventually be a decent doubledip when the sequel is finally done.
Canada has always had crappy luck when it came to Sin City. The first DVD was barebones with DTS as everywhere else, but the Special Edition had the DTS removed for the French language track. Extras and good sound in one is never to be found.

Rolando

Screenwriter
WHAT??? Are you kidding me? no lossless? what genuises are responsible for this?
had to pass on the SE due to DTS cut out, was SOOO looking forward to the HD release and now... this.
it's a disgrace...

Edit: $19.99? for a new release... must resist... barebones... no Lossless audio... no recut version... still so tempting...

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Casey M.
Over on AVS some members picked it up and confirmed that there was a misprint on the box and that the "DTS" is in fact DTS-HD Master Audio.

Eric F

Screenwriter
You can pick it up over at Amazon.ca for $19.99CA but the shipping is where they get you. It's $7.99 per shipment to the US + $1.99 per item. Since the $CA is about .90 to the $US residents do OK, but IMO I don't think it's worth it.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Each CDN$ only costs US$0.80 today! (if you're desperate) They soak us for the shipping coming cross-border this way too. I highly doubt you can find enough at amazon.ca price-wise to make buying BDs there worthwhile. I have enough trouble even with "free" shipping.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig

Thanks for that info! The old "Canadian misprint" trick eh? Surprising how often that happens. Ummm...it was The Perfect Storm BD not long ago IIRC. Anyway, DTS-HD MA would be my top choice, so that's nice.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Okay, so via Amazon.ca it's $16.63 in US dollars. Expedited International Shipping (4-7 business days) is $9.13, for a grand total of $25.76. I find that perfectly reasonable for a highly-desirable (albeit barebones) title on Blu-ray... especially one that I can't get here in the States until next year. Sold!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Yeah, there are a few deals. Like "300" would only be about US$14 at amazon.ca, vs US$21 at .com now (I know it's been cheaper there). Not many though. Something you can't get in the U.S. but can in Canada is kinda unique at this stage of BD.

Rolando

Screenwriter
hold the phone! Did you say Sin City on BD has DTS MA... for sure?
If so it is SO SOLD!
any word on dusk 'till dawn?

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Casey M.
I don't own either disc, but folks on AVS who do have them have confirmed that both have DTS-HD MA.

Loregnum

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob

Yes it is confirmed by multiple owners. From Dusk Till Dawn also has DTS-MA.

I have my copies here at work and plan to check them out tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation730
Recent bookmarks