Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Please recommend an inexpensive component switcher

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Todd K

Todd K

Second Unit

• 479 posts

Posted August 14 2008 - 12:35 PM

A friend is in the market for a device that can switch component video. The content will be high def 1080i stuff.

Right now this seems to be the leading contender:
Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

If anyone knows of a better product, please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Chris S

Chris S

• 2,534 posts

Posted August 14 2008 - 03:51 PM

Your link doesn't seem to be working but you may want to take a look around monoprice.com to see what they have to offer.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Todd K

Todd K

Second Unit

• 479 posts

Posted August 15 2008 - 12:40 AM

That is odd, let me try this again:

Amazon.com: Cables To Go - 40324 - 3-Play Component Video Digital Audio Selector: Electronics

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,551 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted August 15 2008 - 08:33 AM

I'll be curious to hear reports on this switcher, since I am looking for the same thing - a component switcher for 1080i that doesn't degrade the signal. But I'm skeptical of this one, as well, having read conflicting reviews.

I was referred to the Monoprice Altona 4 component switcher, which only costs about $27, but the signal definitely cuts out for a couple seconds when the screen goes too bright (predominately white). Here's the thread I had on that ...

Personally, I'm thinking of getting a new receiver and running the component connections (cable, Blu-ray, DirecTV) through that as my switcher. It will also have HDMI inputs for when I eventually upgrade my 1080i set for 1080p. But component hook up is perfectly suited for 1080i.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Todd K

Todd K

Second Unit

• 479 posts

Posted August 15 2008 - 12:36 PM

Somone on another forum said he used the one I linked about and had positive results -- and wasn't using it currently, so I'm gonna take it used from him. If i don't report back here in a week or so, PM me to remind me to tell you about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users