What's new

Animal House and The Blues Brothers on Blu-Ray? (1 Viewer)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Re: Animal House, I know this was one of Universal's releases on HD-DVD but I only have one request, if anyone from the studio is reading.

Last night, the Biography Channel (or Bio) aired a 2-hour documentary, "Animal House: The Inside Story." I watched most of it (I Tivo'd the whole thing for future viewing) and what I saw was great! Very high production values. They interviewed all the usual suspects (Landis, Reitman, Miller, Ramis, Tim Matheson, Karen Allen, etc.). They even went back to the original locations and interviewed a couple of locals who appeared in the film (the guy who chainsaws the horse in Dean Wormer's office for one). I'd love to see this on a future BR release, possibly even with the Spike TV documentary that aired for the film's 25th anniversary. Heck, Bio even got Steve Bishop for an interview ("I gave my love a chicken...")!

As for The Blues Brothers, I watched this on HDNet last year. I was impressed but there was a mastering error. We dissolve from the church to an exterior shot of the Bluesmobile at night. Then we cut to a shot of the 8-track player, then cut to another shot of the Bluesmobile. The HD version we were watching cut to the shot of the 8-track player twice. Just a heads up before this comes out!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'd suspect both will be early releases given Uni's past history.

I REALLY hope the BB is the theatrical edit, the Extended edit is horrible!

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Since you mention it, I hope we get both edits. While I grew up watching the original version (I'm 25 but my dad turned me onto both films when I was younger), I really enjoy the extended version with ONE exception.

I love the extended music numbers but the one change I can't stand is the short bit with all the police cars' tires exploding because it creates a discontinuity. In one shot, the cars aren't going anywhere; two shots later, the chase is on! I wish Landis had put that short scene in the supplements and not the movie proper. Of course, the short scene with Elwood injecting the chemical into the tires would also have to go.

It would be cool if they included "Sink the Bismarck" as an audio-only bonus. Bill Hunt posted a copy on the Bits a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks