What's new

Waltons-any news? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Nope.

Warner has always released Waltons season sets in either January or April/May...never any other time of the year. So I don't expect news until either October, or else until Jan/Feb.

DavidHAN

Agent
Hopefully, when the season sets are complete, they will release a complete series set like "Little House on the Prairie". That looks awesome.

TomHU

Auditioning
My wife LOVES this show. She gets irritated when I watch it with her as I love making snide remarks about the hokiness of the show.

That being said, do any of you know if the original movie is available of DVD with Patricia Neal as the mother??

And I have to agree that I would hope for the follow up movies to be released after the seasons or with a series boxed set.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, the movie The Homecoming is (or was) available on DVD, but as a long time Waltons fan I hated it.

I'm not that enthusiastic for the later seasons either. Once Will Geer and Ellen Corby were gone, it just didn't have the same appeal, and I didn't like all the new spouses.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator

I can't see WB saving SIX movies for a complete series set. Especially since they released the Dukes of Hazzard reunion movies seperately.

Chas_Michael

Second Unit

it was a joke.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
David,

Thanks for the update. The Waltons is currently the only t.v. show on flippers that I continue to purchase.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters

Wow, indeed. Like I said, my mother put in for #8. I told her about that announcement, and she is equally interested in completing the series w/#9.

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
Little House on the Prairie lasted nine full seasons. Maybe this is why The Waltons felt they had to do the same thing. Beg your pardon if it was the other way around. Either way both shows struggled after seven seasons with children growing up and the next generation being cycled in. I loved both of these shows and have all seasons of both on dvd. But that doesn't mean that those final years for either show had much to offer. Little House on the Prairie had three final season ending movies. The first two didn't have to be made. The very final one with the destruction of the town made the nine years more meaningful. And I know come April 28th I'll be standing at the checkout holding my.... The Waltons Season 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks