Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Panic Room on BD?

David Prior

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Greg Mariotti

Greg Mariotti

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted August 13 2008 - 11:20 AM

Hi David. Just wondering if you've had new talks with Sony to bring your excellent Panic Room DVD set over to BD. Many are anxiously awaiting its arrival.

thanks
Greg Mariotti
www.cameroncrowe.com

#2 of 7 David Prior

David Prior

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted August 14 2008 - 10:23 PM

Thanks for that. A lot of love went into that disc, and I was sad so few ended up being able to see it.

Nothing from Sony yet. Fight Club and Seven are likely to come first. But I sure would like to fix a couple of mistakes that squeaked through to the 3 disc Panic Room, so I'll be pushing for it.

#3 of 7 Greg Mariotti

Greg Mariotti

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted January 10 2009 - 03:41 AM

It looks like Panic Room is coming to the UK in April (to coincide with Benjamin Button on BD?)..

I would imagine that Sony will release it in the U.S. as well.

Can you find out more and make sure we get all the content from the 3 dvd version?

thanks!
Greg Mariotti
www.cameroncrowe.com

#4 of 7 Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted January 12 2009 - 07:39 AM

YES! I hope we get a U.S. version because I'm not sure a UK Sony release will be region free. And yes, everything that was on the 3 discer would be most excellent.

#5 of 7 Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,093 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted February 02 2009 - 08:04 AM

I rushed out and purchased the 3 Disc set for Panic Room the day it came out on DVD. So I will buy it again for Blu Ray. When that much works goes into a film and the special features it is worth it everytime. I still treasure my 3 disc set. Bought it the day it was released and still looks like new! :-)

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 LG BD550 Region Free 
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#6 of 7 Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted February 02 2009 - 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
YES! I hope we get a U.S. version because I'm not sure a UK Sony release will be region free. And yes, everything that was on the 3 discer would be most excellent.

From what I've read, there is a good chance this (UK BD) will be region free but I doubt any of the extras would play on a Reg A player as they will probably be in PAL format.

#7 of 7 Gekkou

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted March 25 2009 - 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
From what I've read, there is a good chance this (UK BD) will be region free but I doubt any of the extras would play on a Reg A player as they will probably be in PAL format.
Actually if it's from Sony the extras are probably NTSC. I believe it's the smaller labels that are hit-or-miss. I think that usually if the extras were produced in NTSC the studio will keep them that way, since it's a pain to convert from 60i to 50i.

Forum Nav Content I Follow