Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Panic Room on BD?

David Prior

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Greg Mariotti

Greg Mariotti

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted August 13 2008 - 11:20 AM

Hi David. Just wondering if you've had new talks with Sony to bring your excellent Panic Room DVD set over to BD. Many are anxiously awaiting its arrival.

thanks
Greg Mariotti
www.cameroncrowe.com

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   David Prior

David Prior

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted August 14 2008 - 10:23 PM

Thanks for that. A lot of love went into that disc, and I was sad so few ended up being able to see it.

Nothing from Sony yet. Fight Club and Seven are likely to come first. But I sure would like to fix a couple of mistakes that squeaked through to the 3 disc Panic Room, so I'll be pushing for it.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Greg Mariotti

Greg Mariotti

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted January 10 2009 - 03:41 AM

It looks like Panic Room is coming to the UK in April (to coincide with Benjamin Button on BD?)..

I would imagine that Sony will release it in the U.S. as well.

Can you find out more and make sure we get all the content from the 3 dvd version?

thanks!
Greg Mariotti
www.cameroncrowe.com

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted January 12 2009 - 07:39 AM

YES! I hope we get a U.S. version because I'm not sure a UK Sony release will be region free. And yes, everything that was on the 3 discer would be most excellent.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,330 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted February 02 2009 - 08:04 AM

I rushed out and purchased the 3 Disc set for Panic Room the day it came out on DVD. So I will buy it again for Blu Ray. When that much works goes into a film and the special features it is worth it everytime. I still treasure my 3 disc set. Bought it the day it was released and still looks like new! :-)

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted February 02 2009 - 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
YES! I hope we get a U.S. version because I'm not sure a UK Sony release will be region free. And yes, everything that was on the 3 discer would be most excellent.

From what I've read, there is a good chance this (UK BD) will be region free but I doubt any of the extras would play on a Reg A player as they will probably be in PAL format.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Gekkou

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted March 25 2009 - 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
From what I've read, there is a good chance this (UK BD) will be region free but I doubt any of the extras would play on a Reg A player as they will probably be in PAL format.
Actually if it's from Sony the extras are probably NTSC. I believe it's the smaller labels that are hit-or-miss. I think that usually if the extras were produced in NTSC the studio will keep them that way, since it's a pain to convert from 60i to 50i.

Forum Nav Content I Follow