What's new

Help me remember the name of this candy bar. (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
It was a round candy in a silver wrapper. It was covered in milk chocolate and the center was nuget(sp?) and caramel with whole peanuts on the top only. Anyone remember?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The description of the candy bar sounds like a Reggie Bar:

The description of the wrapper sounds like a Goo Goo Cluster:

But it had marshmallow and no nougat. :frowning:

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
When I was in school they made us sell candy from time to time and I remember 2 different kinds.

One was chocolate covered coconut and was called either Chuck Wagon or Wagon Wheel or something like that.

The other was chocolate covered peanuts, caramel and either nougat or a crispy cookie base. It was called Nutty Buddy. I Googled it and found a lot of information on athletic protector cups
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
but nothing on candy bars.

Anyway, Nutty Buddy might be it.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI

Still has. I bought one a while back. It's a little like a solid block of Raisinets, & I have nothing bad to say about that.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Except for the silver wrapper, the candy itself sounds a LOT like the "Reggie" Bar, which was named after Reggie Jackson. That had an orange wrapper, IIRC.

tmack

Auditioning
Real Name
tmack
I remember Chuck Wagons and Nutty Buddy. One was chocolate coconuts and the other was chocolate covered peanuts & caramel. They were sold at schools to raise money in the 60's, 70's, and early 80's. I believe it was the Benson Candy Company that sold them.

littlelady46

Auditioning
Real Name
Lisa
It was definitely Chuck Wagon and Nutty Butty - the best candies in the world. I ate more than I sold and my Mother had to pay for them. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks