Jump to content



Sign up for a free account!

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Michael Bublé on BD?


  • You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

    Screenwriter

  • 1,485 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 22 2001

Posted August 11 2008 - 10:52 AM

I have Michael Bublé's 2005 CD/DVD Caught in the Act in my collection, but I was wondering if there are other fans of him here that may have heard of a future Blu-ray release.

Also, is there any news of Bryan Adams, Phil Collins, or Sting doing something for Blu-ray? I know Sting is on the Chris Botti BD (though I don't recall the name).

Thanks.

#2 of 8 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

    Studio Mogul

  • 28,673 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 09 2001
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 11 2008 - 12:35 PM

I'd be first in line for some Diana Krall on BD, Chris! Posted Image

And don't think any of you schmoes is going to cut in front of me in line! Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!


HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon


#3 of 8 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

    Screenwriter

  • 1,485 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 22 2001

Posted March 25 2009 - 07:05 AM

Michael Bublé's 2005 "Great Performances" PBS special is coming to BD on April 21st as an Amazon exclusive. I just placed a pre-order for it.

Amazon.com: Caught In The Act (Amazon Exclusive) [Blu-ray]: Michael Buble, not specified: Movies & TV

Mike, there's also good news for you too.

Amazon.com: Live in Rio [Blu-ray]: Diana Krall: Movies & TV

#4 of 8 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

    Studio Mogul

  • 28,673 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 09 2001
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 25 2009 - 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCook
Michael Bublé's 2005 "Great Performances" PBS special is coming to BD on April 21st as an Amazon exclusive. I just placed a pre-order for it.

Amazon.com: Caught In The Act (Amazon Exclusive) [Blu-ray]: Michael Buble, not specified: Movies & TV

Awesome news for you, Chris.

I had forgotten this thread...or else I might have posted the following for you. I picked it up at a local B&M (kinda expensive) but I love this kind of music and took a chance. Since you are a Buble fan, I thought you might like it, too.

Amazon.com: Peter Cincotti, Live in New York with a Bonus CD "On the Moon" (Monster Music High Definition Surround Sound Audio DVD SUPERDISC): Peter Cincotti: Movies & TV

Posted Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCook
Mike, there's also good news for you too.

Amazon.com: Live in Rio [Blu-ray]: Diana Krall: Movies & TV

You DON'T KNOW how happy you've made me! I have already been counting the days until 3-31-09 when her new bossa nova CD hits store shelves. Now I can start a new countdown on April 1! Posted Image

Thanks, Chris! Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!


HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon


#5 of 8 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

    Screenwriter

  • 1,485 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 22 2001

Posted March 25 2009 - 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
Awesome news for you, Chris.

I had forgotten this thread...or else I might have posted the following for you. I picked it up at a local B&M (kinda expensive) but I love this kind of music and took a chance. Since you are a Buble fan, I thought you might like it, too.

Amazon.com: Peter Cincotti, Live in New York with a Bonus CD "On the Moon" (Monster Music High Definition Surround Sound Audio DVD SUPERDISC): Peter Cincotti: Movies & TV

Posted Image

I'll check it out. Thanks.



Quote:
You DON'T KNOW how happy you've made me! I have already been counting the days until 3-31-09 when her new bossa nova CD hits store shelves. Now I can start a new countdown on April 1! Posted Image

Thanks, Chris! Posted Image

You're most welcome, Mike.

#6 of 8 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

    Lead Actor

  • 9,365 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 22 1999
  • Real Name:Aaron Silverman
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 25 2009 - 09:08 AM

Sting is of course also on the Police BD, which is a Best Buy exclusive. It's definitely worth picking up (if you like the Police).
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#7 of 8 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

    Played With Dinosaurs Member

  • 4,969 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 13 1998
  • Real Name:Johnny Angell
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 26 2009 - 04:34 AM

Concerning Bubles PBS special, Netflix only shows the DVD and has no date for it yet. Does being an Amazon exclusive mean there's no Netflix rental?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend


#8 of 8 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

    Screenwriter

  • 1,485 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 22 2001

Posted March 31 2009 - 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell
Concerning Bubles PBS special, Netflix only shows the DVD and has no date for it yet. Does being an Amazon exclusive mean there's no Netflix rental?

Haven't purchased anything that was released exclusively through Amazon before, but as far as the BD release of Caught in the Act, I believe you'll only see it available through them.

I don't know why Netflix is not renting out the DVD, though. The CD/DVD is still available to purchase.


Back to Blu-ray


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


Forum Nav Content I Follow