What's new

Ren and Stimpy on VH1 (1 Viewer)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I was flipping through channels last night and was shocked to see Ren and Stimpy on VH1. I kept watching it and soon realized that they had just shown 4 straight hours of Ren and Stimpy. Did anybody else catch this and does anybody know if Vh1 is planning on showing Ren and Stimpy more after this.

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I was flipping too and caught sight of it. It was great to see the show again after the past few years. Apparently, VH1 is going to show an hour of it weeknights at midnight EST. Great news. Seeing it again made me very nostalgic.
Can't wait to hear "Happy, Happy. Joy, Joy" again.:)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Sweet. Yeah I was so happy to see it that I went out and found the guitar tab during commercials and learned how to play the intro. Good Times.

Dan B

Screenwriter
It was good to see it back on TV. I noticed that the audio quality was really poor, however (I'm receiving VH1 on DirecTv, so I don't know if anyone without DirecTv can confirm this). It may have even been in mono. I remember how the episode "Space Madness", for example, had really strong surround effects when space madness was said. There was nothing like that last night.

Bah.

-Dan B

will not let them have his beloved ice cream bar

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
is vh1 showing the entire episodes, or time edited for commercial versions?
specificly the first ep with the toilet and another scene that only appearred in the very first airing in '91.
also hv1 has some clips on the website. http://www.vh1.com/insidevh1/shows/ren_and_stimpy/
something they are calling extra footage that didn't make it into the shows. but i watched a clip of powdered taost man that i have scene in the show itself. and used to have on tape. but are long gone now.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Powdered Toast Man rules everything. I have been watching Ren and Stimpy every night at 9. It is so good to see it on again and I hope those dvd rumors are true.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks