-

Photo
- - - - -

American Life Network

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   pariste74656

pariste74656

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted August 10 2008 - 03:37 AM

Has some very good reruns, most every night of the week.

Sunday will be Hill Street Blues, St, Elsewhere, and L.A. Law, all in primetime.

Monday is Mission Impossible, Mary Tyler Moore, Newhart, WKRP, Bob Newhart
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted August 10 2008 - 09:14 AM

For some reason when Comcast took over our former Insight cable system they dropped this channel. I do miss the Monday night lineup, but didn't watch the channel as much after they cancelled China Beach.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted August 27 2008 - 10:12 AM

Where is American Life TV at with "Newhart"? Time Warner Cable will be adding a host of new channels this fall (hello HD programming!), but dropping WGN America.

Too late to watch "Homefront" and "China Beach", but it is good to know I can still watch re-runs of "Newhart" (if Fox stalls or edits future seasons).

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCook
Where is American Life TV at with "Newhart"? Time Warner Cable will be adding a host of new channels this fall (hello HD programming!), but dropping WGN America.
A cable system actually dropping WGN! That would be unthinkable here in Cubs/White Sox/Bulls/Black Hawks country. Are there any people on your cable system upset about this?
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty M
A cable system actually dropping WGN! That would be unthinkable here in Cubs/White Sox/Bulls/Black Hawks country. Are there any people on your cable system upset about this?

I don't know. I'm going to call them today, but it was quite a surprise to see in the mail yesterday that WGN America was listed among only a very few channels being dropped. And even more surprising is that they're adding American Life.

I also watch "Corner Gas" on this station (and on CTV but my Canadian affiliates are safe), so I'm not happy about this latest development.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCook
I don't know. I'm going to call them today, but it was quite a surprise to see in the mail yesterday that WGN America was listed among only a very few channels being dropped.
Did Time Warner recently take over your cable system from another company? A couple years ago when Time Warner took over for Adelphia here, they dropped (at the time) Superstation WGN almost immediately, because Time Warner doesn't have a carriage agreement for the channel. So they can't carry it on their systems.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_J
Did Time Warner recently take over your cable system from another company? A couple years ago when Time Warner took over for Adelphia here, they dropped (at the time) Superstation WGN almost immediately, because Time Warner doesn't have a carriage agreement for the channel. So they can't carry it on their systems.

Yes, they took over late last year.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow