Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: Daredevil Director's Cut (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,745 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 05:40 AM

THE MAN WITHOUT FEAR IS EVEN BOLDER IN BLU-RAY DAREDEVIL DIRECTOR’S CUT BLU-RAY DISC Justice Is Served As The Intrepid Superhero Soars Onto Blu-Ray Disc September 30 From Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment CENTURY CITY, Calif. – The battle of Good vs. Evil rages on as the relentless avenger of injustice, Daredevil, prowls the rooftops and alleyways of New York City and onto Blu-ray Disc for the first time September 30 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Superhero fans and action-adventure enthusiasts can experience this audacious comic book hero like never before in vivid high-definition. Adapted from the pages of the classic Marvel Comics, Ben Affleck (Good Will Hunting, Armageddon) stars as the masked vigilante, Daredevil; patrolling the rough streets of New York City to combat the injustice that he cannot tackle in the courtroom. Along with best friend Foggy Nelson (John Favreau, Iron Man, The Break-Up) and love interest, Elektra (Jennifer Garner, Juno, Elektra), Daredevil must combat vile villain, Kingpin (Michael Clarke Duncan, Sin City, Planet of the Apes) and ruthless assassin, Bullseye (Colin Farrell, Alexander, Phone Booth). The DAREDEVIL DIRECTOR’S CUT Blu-Ray Disc transforms the theatrical experience, including an extra 30 minutes of footage, director commentaries, theatrical trailers, a making-of, music videos, still galleries and much more. The DAREDEVIL DIRECTOR’S CUT Blu-ray Disc will be available for the suggested retail price of $39.98 U.S. / $49.98 Canada. Prebook is September 3, 2008. DVD Special Features: The Daredevil Director’s Cut Blu-Ray Disc is presented in widescreen with English 5.1 DTS Master Audio, English, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Surround and includes English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus features include: · Commentaries by Mark Steve Johnson and Gary Foster · Commentaries by Mark Steve Johnson and Avi Arad · Text Commentary · Beyond Hell’s Kitchen: Making Daredevil · Daredevil/Kingpin 6 Takes · Elektra/Bullseye 16 Takes · Theatrical Farm Trailers · Daredevil Theatrical Teasers and Trailers · 28 Days Later Theatrical Trailer · League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Theatrical Trailer · Fuel: “Won’t Back Down” Music Video · The Calling: “For You” Music Video · Evanescence: “Bring Me To Life” Music Video · Music Promotion Spot · Still Gallery · Storyboards · Costumes · Set Design · Production Stills · Props · The Comic Book · Men Without Fear: Creating Daredevil · Shadow World Tour · Modeling Sheets Synopsis For Daredevil, justice is blind, and for the guilty, there’s hell to pay! Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner ignite dangerous sparks and nonstop thrills in this “dazzling action-adventure” (The Film Journal) about the newest breed of superhero. By day, blind attorney Matt Murdock (Affleck) toils for justice in Hell’s Kitchen. By night, he’s Daredevil, The Man Without Fear - a powerful, masked vigilante stalking the dark streets with an uncanny “radar sense” that allows him to “see” with superhuman capabilities. But when the love of his life, fiery Elektra Natchios (Garner), is targeted by New York City’s ruthless Kingpin of crime (Michael Clarke Duncan) and his deadly assassin Bullseye (Colin Farrell), Daredevil may be about to meet his match. DAREDEVIL DIRECTOR’S CUT BLU-RAY DISC Street Date: September 30, 2008 Prebook Date: September 3, 2008 Price: $39.98 U.S. / $49.98 Canada Catalog Number: 2255000 MPAA Rating: PG – 13 Feature Run Time: 120 Minutes

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 06:20 AM

I don't think that this is a great film by any means. After all, how could I when I think that the soundtrack is better than the movie; but I still think that this movie got a bum rap. I'll pick this up because of my love for DC and Marvel comics, but I would have really appreciated the option to watch both cuts via seamless branching.
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Eric F

Eric F

Screenwriter

• 1,810 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 06:42 AM

No, it won't win an Oscar, but the Director's Cut is so much better than the Theatrical it's like it's a totally different movie. It definitely bears a viewing for all those who dismissed it as pure fluff the first time around.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 07:21 AM

Agreed, the DC is far better, this is a must buy for me, I really enjoyed it.
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,246 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted August 07 2008 - 09:27 AM

Hmmmm... isn't the DC rated R? I'm certain that an "R" blue screen came up before this on the DVD. I'll have to check.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted August 07 2008 - 09:39 AM

Cool to see they're including most of the previous extras as I expected this to be barebones. The previous 2-disc release had an HBO tv special as well as an interesting look at the life of the film's blind consultant that aren't listed above and the director's cut disc had a featurette detailing the changes made to the movie. I guess there's no theatrical cut?
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Rolando

Rolando

Screenwriter

• 1,326 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 11:32 AM

Oh boy, now I have to be one of those annoying to have to say but here goes: One of the specs of DVD and now BD (which was a great seeling point along with multiple language tracks) is the ability to do SEAMLESS BRANCHING. there is no reason for the TC to be missing. If it can't be done as seamless branching because difference are too great then make a 2 disc or sell them separate and we choose which to buy. There is no reason why both versions of this or any movie would not to be available.
Rolando Avendano

My Collection

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,565 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted August 07 2008 - 12:07 PM

i agree with you rolando. this is the same way sd dvd went and now it happening again with blu. i really like both versions of this movie. wish i could get them on blu-ray
facebook.com/whotony

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Ray_R

Ray_R

Screenwriter

• 1,559 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 12:39 PM

Daredevil (US - BD RA) in News > Releases at DVDActive

Always wanted to see The Director's Cut and it isn't available for rental via Netflix.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Eric F

Eric F

Screenwriter

• 1,810 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 12:57 PM

I think if they would have released the DC first it would have been received much better by the reviewers. I can definitely see it getting an R rating, it certainly is brutally violent in parts, much like Dark Knight. But then I think no studio wants any "superhero" movie to have an R rating, so it will be interesting to see what happens when Watchmen hits next year...

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,532 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 02:15 PM

Looks like their timing this to release on the same day as Iron Man. The Directors Cut is far superior to the Theatrical Cut so I'm glad that, if Fox is only going to release one version, they're releasing the better one.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users