Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music R1 UCE BR on 28 July '09

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted August 06 2008 - 11:19 AM

DVD Times - Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music R1 UCE in July '09

Quote:
Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Ultimate Collector’s Edition) on 28th July 2009. Celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Woodstock music festival this restored and remastered release will include more than an hour of newly discovered Festival performances, some never-before-published in their entirety, from a number of artists, including The Who, Joe Cocker, Canned Heat, Joan Baez, Country Joe McDonald and Country Joe and the Fish with more to be announced. The release will incorporate reflections and perspectives from musicians, celebrities, influencers and other giants in the entertainment industry on the cultural significance of Woodstock 40 years later.

The Ultimate Collector’s Edition will include the four-hour Director’s Cut, remastered from original elements and scanned at 2K with audio 5.1 mix supervised by director Michael Wadleigh. The concert original chief engineer Eddie Kramer who was on-site for the festival, is overseeing the audio mix of all of the recently found added footage. In addition to filmmaker commentary, replicas of handwritten notes from Festival attendees, The ‘60s and the Woodstock Generation - a 40 minute documentary film by noted filmmaker Robert Kline adapted from his book “Children of the 60s,”, studio archive letters and other souvenir collectible items. The film has been on moratorium since January of this year (though stock is still available at numerous retailers) and will continue to be unavailable to the public for more than a year and a half until its DVD release next year. Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music will also be available as a stand-alone DVD.

Now that's what I call planning

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair

Producer

• 3,320 posts

Posted August 06 2008 - 12:53 PM

Holy Peace & Love Dude!
Catalog title means lossless.
You promised WB!

EDitEDbyED:
Oh no!
Quote:
The concert original chief engineer Eddie Kramer who was on-site for the festival, is overseeing the audio mix of all of the recently found added footage.
Ugh!
Hope this doesn't mean it will sound like Hendrix on EH. Cause that would mean we get the drum kit in the FRONT of the stage & the brass cymbals will sound like a grinder on steel all with the music compressed within a inch of its life w/o air.

I like the sound of the old DVD. Many don't. Plenty of bass on my system, in my room, with my ears.
Movies are: "The Greatest Artform".
HD should be for EVERYONE!

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Executive Producer

• 10,119 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted August 06 2008 - 04:44 PM

Sounds awesome! I look forward to seeing this. Should have all the "Lost performances" footage I'd think. There was a TV special that showed some of The GRateful Dead, the Band, CSN&Y and b&W footage of Janice Joplin I think.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,547 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 04:23 AM

Why is an announcement of a DVD in the hidef area? What am I missing here?

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Jeff McMillan

Jeff McMillan

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR
Why is an announcement of a DVD in the hidef area? What am I missing here?

Bill Hunt at The Bits says it's coming to Blu-Ray as well.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,547 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff McMillan
Bill Hunt at The Bits says it's coming to Blu-Ray as well.
It would have helped if the OP had posted that instead of just referencing a link about the DVD.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   chuckg

chuckg

Supporting Actor

• 917 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 07:22 AM

Yes, interesting that the thread title mentions BR but the release does not....I'm up for it in Blu!
--ignore the man behind the curtain

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand

Screenwriter

• 1,275 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 09:54 AM

Per High-Def Digest:
Warner Announces 'Woodstock' Director's Cut for Blu-ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Def Digest
In an unusually early announcement, Warner says it is planning to bring painstakingly-restored director's cut version of the documentary 'Woodstock' to Blu-ray in July 2009.
Paul
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR
It would have helped if the OP had posted that instead of just referencing a link about the DVD.

Next time I'll read it before I post it.

I was so excited about this coming to Blu Ray that I must have left something out.

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#10 of 12 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,066 posts

Posted August 07 2008 - 08:40 PM

Oscar,

Please be aware we do post all Warner Press Releases here so
please be patient if you do not see it listed immediately. I think
you and I were very close with our separate postings.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 903 posts

Posted August 08 2008 - 05:50 AM

Come to think of this,this is a Bummer!! They said they uncovered 8 hours
of preformance footage,This was always a dream for me ,to have most of the
concert footage and that means Creedence,Mountain,The Band,The Dead
all the Who.all Hendrix,all Santana and Sly,CSNY,John Sebastion,Paul Butterfield,Jefferson Airplane,Tim Hardin, Havens,Summers,Cocker,Canned Heat ect they Have ...even if its B&W video.

But thinking of just a mere hour isn't enought,
They came out with three DVDs(Orig on Showtime ) of programs for each
day called "Woodstock Diary" These came out on dvd in europe and Japan
but never here,They were wonderful videos which offen had footage in
better shape than the Orig Film or directors Cut,Not to mention all the
new preformances like the Band not even on the Directors cut.
Years ago a laser came out with more rare footage,
Don't get me wrong ,I can't wait for this,but if only ...........

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted February 11 2009 - 11:44 AM

For what it's worth, and because I've only just learned of this, and because I've collected ALL Woodstock releases over the decades...
Here is the latest Wikipedia version of the strory.
BTW, the Wiki entry on Woodstock is pretty comprehensive.

"New DVD and Blu-ray versions of Woodstock: The Director's Cut are scheduled for release by Warner Home Video on July 28, 2009. The "Ultimate Collector’s Edition" reportedly includes an hour of performances not seen in the film, or not seen in full. Director Michael Wadleigh is overseeing the release, Warner said. Robert Klein's documentary "The '60s and the Woodstock Generation" will be among the extra features. "Woodstock" is being restored and remastered for the release. The previous DVD dates back to 1997, with reviewers on Amazon complaining of its VHS-like quality."
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

Back to Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow