What's new

2008 NCAA College Football Thread (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
It's that time of year. Being a Georgia Bulldog graduate, and fan, I'm pretty happy so far.

(searched for this thread, couldn't find it so started one)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am expecting a rough season for the Wolverines. The defense should be decent, but the offense will struggle a lot. The team is learning a completely new offensive system under new coach Rodriguez, and they have new starters virtually everywhere. No QB has any game experience, and they also lost their top two WR's, all time leading rusher and most of the offensive line (including #1 overall NFL draft pick Jake Long).

I think an 8-4 record would be quite an accomplishment.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Get in line.

I am expecting a rough season for the WolverinesUCLA. The defense should be decent, but the offense will struggle a lot.

We have a great coaching staff (Norm Chow & DeWayne Walker) calling the shots, but Dorrell left us with no horses, especially on the O-Line, which is where games are won and lost.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

That makes two of us. Go Dawgs!!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Fortunately Michigan plays in the Big Ten which means that even with an off year they're still good enough to tie for 2nd and win 8 or 9 games. That's not an endorsement of Michigan's football prowess but rather an indictment of the quality of play in that conference over the past decade or so.

I'm still trying to decide which game to fly back for (Wisconsin or State) as I can only afford one trip this year. Might pick Wisconsin since I want to go root for UW against Notre Dame on 10/25.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I'm really excited about this football season. I think the Nebraska Cornhuskers are going to surprise a bunch of people. Callahan's gone and the guy I wanted back in '03 is finally the HC. I know I need to temper my expectations, but I really think Pelini will have them playing hard and able to compete with everyone on their schedule, with the only exception being Oklahoma.

My question for Michigan fans is this - what is the prevalent thought about the choice of RR? I wonder because Nebraska made a big mistake trying the 'complete overhaul' with Callahan, and while I think RR is definitely a better coach than Callahan, I wonder if Michigan fans are onboard with this process.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I think most fans are taking a "wait and see" approach, although Les Miles was the overwhelming fan choice for the job (but the athletic director screwed that up).

With the whole West Virginia lawsuit issue, though, fans will not show much patience with RR, IMO. While he gets a pass this season due to all the changes, the team had better be a contender next season or the grumbling will begin.

Personally, I'm a little uneasy with Rodriguez as the coach. There is something slimey about the guy, between the West Virginia lawsuit and the shady players he recruited at WV -- such as Pacman Jones and Chris Henry. Hopefully, I am wrong.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
My Auburn Tigers are hoping for a potent offense this year with the change to the "Spread" under the direction of new offensive coordinator Tony Franklin.

Unfortunately, we're probably going to need a potent offense since we've already lost a starting linebacker (Bo Harris) to academics and a starting DB (Aairon Savage) to a leg injury -- and we're only just now starting "Two-a-days".

In any event, it should be fun beating people 35-28 instead of 13-10!

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

If you own a DVR, you can use the "video buffering" feature to sync up the broadcasts.

As you probably know, all DVR's provide a one hour buffer of any show that you're viewing live. Most also provide a "instant replay" feature that jumps back 8 seconds. Just press that button, make a few manual adjustments, and you should be "in sync" with Munson on the radio.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I have the same problem Todd. I've got where I can't listen to Munson anymore bc I hate knowing every interception, fumble, incomplete before it happens. Last season with Direct TV Muson would say touchdown before the ball was snapped. Most of our games are on CBS and I like the guys on there.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

UGA football without Munson is painful to listen to. Plus, with this being his rumored last season, I figured I'd better listen to as many games this year as I can.

I found a couple of solutions...the SportSync and the Delay Play.

Welcome to SportSync - The AM/FM Radio With Sports Audio Delay!
Delay Play > Home

The SportSync is only $40 and the Delay Play is $150. I've ordered the SportSync. It comes with an audio cable that lets you hook it up to your home theater. I figured for $40 I'd give it a try.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I'm also a little uneasy about Rodriguez as coach for some of the same reasons and this is one football season I'm not excited about (for the Wolverines at least) going into the season. There was just too much off-season turmoil and I'm not sure they got the right guy. I too hope I'm wrong and I'll of course give the guy a chance.

JustMe

Auditioning
Real Name
Leon Cunningham
Leghumpers will not remain #1 as they must play Florida. GO GATORS!

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Would be interesting to see an undefeated UF vs an undefeated UGA. The likelihood of this happening is slim though, because that would mean that both teams already defeated LSU.

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
I'm not hoping for much this year... If my Kansas State Wildcats can get back to a bowl game I'll be pretty ecstatic. I'm not very enthusiastic about the new contract that Ron Prince just received... he doesn't seem to have a clue as to what he's doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks