Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bewitched is coming back to Television!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Zang628

Zang628

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted August 03 2008 - 04:48 PM

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!Posted Image Bewitched is coming back to television! September 8th WGN will start airing Bewitched on Weekdays and Weekend!Posted Image

Sorry but I have just recently join this board and until I post at least 10 post they will not let me post any links, but the official article is on sitcomsonline.com and it is under the headline "WGN America fall 2008 schedule sees lots of new shows"

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff

Screenwriter

• 2,082 posts

Posted August 03 2008 - 05:29 PM

I must say, once I get a series on DVD, I can't really get excited about it being shown on a commercial channel any more -- usually with inferior prints, and of course cut with commercial interruptions. But, hey, don't let me rain on your parade.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Zang628

Zang628

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted August 03 2008 - 05:35 PM

Yes but Season Seven and Eight have not been released yet and I'm really looking forward to seeing them again. Also, I don't mind watching a show I already have on dvd because it's still good. But like I said the main reason I am excited is to see the later seasons of my favorite tv show again!

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 650 posts

Posted August 04 2008 - 03:06 AM

I'm glad WGN is airing the show so people who don't own the dvds, or who haven't seen seasons 7 and 8 can watch them.
I agree. Plus, I hate it when they squash the closing credits so they can run a promo for another show at the same time on the other half of the screen. Also, there's the ever-dependable station logo bug in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. And sometimes they display text on the bottom of the screen during the program like, "Coming up next at 5:30: I Dream of Jeannie." But I'm glad that its available for people to watch who don't own the dvds, or who haven't seen seasons 7 and 8. Fortunately, I recorded seasons 7 and 8 a few years ago, so I already have the episodes, but they're still the edited, syndicated versions.
"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,527 posts

Posted August 04 2008 - 04:11 AM

Since WGN America is broadcast in HD on some cable systems and on places like Verizon Fios does this mean we will see Bewitched in HD or will the tapes used for broadcast be 480i and therefore not really be HD.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,507 posts

Posted August 04 2008 - 08:09 AM

I wonder if WGN America will be airing the first two seasons in B&W. If they are along with the first season of "I Dream of Jeannie", I'll be tuning in.

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog: WGN America Fall 2008 Schedule Sees Lots of New Shows; TV Land Changes for August

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Mark_B

Mark_B

Second Unit

• 290 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted August 04 2008 - 10:22 PM

No they do not, thank God!

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,527 posts

Posted August 05 2008 - 02:32 AM

TVLand and Nick at Night have been the only national stations to show the 1st 2 seasons in B&W. Prior to colorization, syndicated packages just skipped the first 2 years of the show for many years. At one point Nick at Night only had the rights to the first 2 seasons. It would be great if WGN did show them as they show the B&W Beverly Hillbillies. I am guessing Sony will supply the colorized versions. Many people, not me, prefer it and Sony spent a lot of money doing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users