What's new

Heaven's Gate Uncut Version (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
This was on MGM HD tonight so I recorded it to watch.
Can't figure if it's the long or regular length version. The time slot is about 3 hrs 55 mns.
MGM has commercial breaks and one came about an hour fifty in.
When it came back baseball game had started and it looked like all the dust was vacuumed out of the movie.
Other then the movie looking like it was filmed in a dust storm and a little soft focus the pq is really good.
Just saw that Terry O'Quinn is in his with a full head of hair and beard, right at the baseball game scene.
I'm two hours in and I'm trying to figure out what the movie is about.
There's a list of people called a death list that I'm not sure what it was created for.
Lots of long scenes unconnected to anything like the One in the beginning with everyone dancing for minutes and minutes then the one later on that seems to have every single person in the cast roller skating to be followed by Kristofferson and Huppert dancing after everyone is kicked out of the room. Then Kristofferson out of the blue telling Huppert to leave. Next tng you know she is a prostitute shacking up with Walken?
The whole look of the movie changes after they start the baseball game.
Odd movie.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I've had this in a box for a long time now and not sure why I saved this.
bd87c08c.jpg

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Saw the full version last night on MGM HD, it was outstanding. The Heaven's Gate roller skating scene is one of the best photographed/choreographed/scored scenes I have ever seen in any movie, period. I don't understand why people dislike this movie so much, perhaps it is the shorter version the majority hates so much. The long version is certainly worthwhile filmaking in my opinion. Yes, it is an extremely long movie, but I don't think the movie meanders as much as everyone complains about. It is an epic storytelling, done on an enormous scale, much the same as Ben Hur, The Ten Commandments, Lawrence of Arabia, etc. I'm not equating quality of the movie with those other canons, but it was done with the intentions of creating a sweeping epic of the American West and looking at the actual event with a critical eye in regards to how America didn't (and doesn't) always live up to "The Land of Opportunity".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks