Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie Needs Help! Some Direction On Home Audio

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   BullValleyBill

BullValleyBill

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 31 2008 - 03:31 AM

We are building a new home and we are interested in automated the house, with lighting, audio & video, etc....

I spoke with some retail outlets and they are quoting way too much and I think I can do most of the installation on my own. I can also purchase the individual items needed on my own.

What is the best set up?

In Wall Speakers?
Audio Zone Hardware? 6 zones
Lighting Controls?

Thanks for any direction you can give.
Posted Image

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   mayhem13

mayhem13

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted August 06 2008 - 02:34 PM

Each topic in your thread can be quite complex and IMO you would be better served breaking them down into individual threads of different subjects such as individual threads on lighting, AV distribution, automation,etc. I have no doubt that if you are passionate enough you can successfully DIY all of these areas if approached individually with the amazing resources available here. I would take a minute to consider the DIY lighting as it may involve building code violations resulting in fines, expensive Redos and potential fires if not done properly. Good luck !