Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Denon 2500 BD Player - Problem with Firmware Update Process

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   David_MSP

David_MSP

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted July 30 2008 - 05:40 AM

I recently burned the new firmware on a CD-R and when I placed it in the open tray, entered the "9" "8" "7" "6" sequence followed by the "Pop Up Menu/Menu" key, all per the instructions, nothing happens. Please tell me that someone else out there has had this issue. Incidentally, I'm also not able to go through a similar sequence with pressing number keys to check on the current firmware version. My player has a December 2007 build date and I received the player on January 24 of this year. I suspect the "older" players have some sort of problem getting properly upgraded. A call to Denon got me nowhere as they did not have it as a reported issue. However, I have read of one other case of someone on the AVS Forum having the same issue but I never was able to find out the solution. Of course Denon recommends I sent the unit back to the factory for the firmware upgrade. I will only do so as a very last resort. Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide!

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   David_MSP

David_MSP

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted August 03 2008 - 03:25 AM

Thankfully I finally got this to work. The key sequence has to be pressed -very- quickly. Any slight pause between any of the keys causes it to not work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users