Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Films in urgent need

Robert Harris

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Bob_L

Bob_L

Supporting Actor

• 893 posts

Posted July 27 2008 - 04:41 AM

OK, here's a stereotypical thread question. Do have a short list of films that, in your opinion, are most urgently in need of restoration by virtue of their artistic/historical value, or the precarious condition of the existing materials?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Raymond lee Leggs

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted August 16 2008 - 10:32 AM

Definitely, there are lots of older films that keep showing up on Bargain basement DVD's that need urgent attention, seince most of the masters still exists (no the edited ones that on these dvd's) and plenty of them are owned by MGM and such . Lassie and the paninted hills. I think ROAN DVD did a restored version on fullscreen from an old print but it still isnt as good as what could be done on an original master. The swiss conspiracy, it would be nice to see the original film as intended by MGM (I think it was either MGM or some other company) The agency (1980) simple it stars the six million dollar man, yet alone an unedited versioun with a good widescreen transfer would be welcome. Gold- 1975, a great roger Moore film which has a cult following, not to mention maurice binder dsigned title credits and a great score and theme song.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,592 posts

Posted August 16 2008 - 03:50 PM

Raymond, I don't think you understand the purpose of this section. The question is directed toward Robert Harris. Questions to the general HTF population are posted in the regular sections, such as "Movies".

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   chatuemehsa

chatuemehsa

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted September 27 2009 - 05:46 PM

Very helpful article, really liked it!!

TeenAbout is a live updates and texting project for-teens-by-teens giving all teens around the world a safe place to keep up with friends and make new friends (Live updats, texting) without having to deal with grown-ups on other social networks. Not only can you tell other teens around the world what you are up to, you can show them using our picture uploading feature. TwoutOut about anything from hot topics, news, to updates from friends. The question of the hour is...what are you doing? http://www.TeensAbout.com

--------------------------
Emaly

Twitter For Teens

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   chatuemehsa

chatuemehsa

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted September 27 2009 - 05:48 PM

Hi

I like that forum,,,,

Please contact me

Charlene@sycodas.cz