Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Is a Sorcerer SE still in the works?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeff McMillan

Jeff McMillan

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted July 26 2008 - 04:36 PM

After watching Sorcerer for the first time and being thoroughly disappointed by the DVD that's currently available (not OAR, bad PQ, and no extra features), I did some Googleling and saw that William Friedkin had said last year that a 30th anniversary edition was in the works.

Since the 30th anniversary (2007) has already passed by and the interview was done almost a year ago, has anyone heard any word if this is still going to happen?

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,152 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted January 02 2009 - 04:34 AM

I'd love to see SORCERER get a better treatment on DVD. I'm still watching it on LaserDisc!

Harry
My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Mark_TS

Mark_TS

Screenwriter

• 1,700 posts

Posted January 03 2009 - 08:23 PM

Ill second that
The Official HTF 'elitist' lol....
"War is God's way of teaching Americans Geography"-Ambrose Bierce

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Blaine Skerry

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit

• 277 posts

Posted January 04 2009 - 04:34 AM

I'll third it. I also have the laser disc and would love to see a decent DVD release. Sorcerer, IMO, has usually gotten a bum rap over the years. I have the Criterion Wages Of Fear and I think Sorcerer stands up well to WOF.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Jamey K

Jamey K

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted January 05 2009 - 03:18 AM

I watched it yesterday afternoon. My 16 yr old is a fan now! A SE could bring this film to "Twister" level.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Bruce Morrison

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor

• 533 posts

Posted January 08 2009 - 09:59 AM

I'd certainly buy an SE of 'Sorcerer' but only if Friedkin promises not to repeat what he's done with the new BD of 'The French Connection', where he's carried out some kind of grotesque colour re-grading, which has apparently made it look like a bad VHS tape.
Bruce Morrison

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   walter o

walter o

Supporting Actor

• 848 posts

Posted January 08 2009 - 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Morrison
I'd certainly buy an SE of 'Sorcerer' but only if Friedkin promises not to repeat what he's done with the new BD of 'The French Connection', where he's carried out some kind of grotesque colour re-grading, which has apparently made it look like a bad VHS tape.

Didn't he do some odd color correction on BOYS IN THE BAND as well?

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty

Screenwriter

• 2,126 posts

Posted January 08 2009 - 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Morrison

Oh crap-- I just sold my old VHS versions of that and FC II in anticipation of this BR. Crap.

Forum Nav Content I Follow