Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Difference between A speakers and B Speakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   bob733

bob733

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 26 2008 - 09:12 AM

Is there any difference between the A and B speakers? The A speakers have large red and white ports while the B speakers have small ports.

I know they are used (for example) if you have speakers in another room but what about any difference between the volume or output levels etc?

The reason I ask is because I had a problem hooking my cables up to the A speakers so I used the B speakers (which ports were easier to attach the cable).

Thanks in advance,

Bob

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff

Second Unit

• 280 posts

Posted July 26 2008 - 10:51 AM

Normally both the A & B speakers hook-ups offer the same power/output to the speakers but I would check your receiver's manual to make sure

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,580 posts

Posted July 26 2008 - 03:59 PM

There is far too much variance between how the A and B works on every receiver ever made in the history of audio to give any constructive answer to the question with the info provided.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff

Second Unit

• 280 posts

Posted July 26 2008 - 04:25 PM

That's why I advised him to check his manual..............

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Cloud

Cloud

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted July 27 2008 - 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRice
There is far too much variance between how the A and B works on every receiver ever made in the history of audio to give any constructive answer to the question with the info provided.

I'd have to agree here. I can use my B hookups for bi-amping, for a zone 2, or for ambiance speakers all depending on how I setup the receiver. My last receiver just output the exact same signal and power to both A and B. All depends on what receiver you have and how it's set up.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   bob733

bob733

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 27 2008 - 03:56 AM

I have the Sony STR-DG720 Multi Channel AV Receiver and I have been checking the manual for any difference between the A and B Speakers.

Haven't seen anything yet so I am assuming there is no real difference.

Bob