-

Photo
- - - - -

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

Charles de Lauzirika

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,103 posts

Posted July 26 2008 - 04:58 AM

Charles, is there any news/update on the situation regarding Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me's infamous deleted scenes and the rumoured new DVD? I'm not a member of the press, nor do I know anyone from the press. Just a normal member of the public.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Charles de Lauzirika

Charles de Lauzirika

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted July 27 2008 - 03:58 AM

Although I would love to see a comprehensive special edition of "Fire Walk With Me," including all the deleted scenes currently in limbo, I currently have no connection to any such project and therefore have no additional information to offer beyond what's already known. Following my work on the Gold Box, it would certainly be a fascinating project to be involved with.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,941 posts

Posted December 01 2008 - 06:52 AM

hi Charlie!

on a related note, was Twin Peaks shot with 35mm? if so, did you do the restoration for the Gold Box with an eventual Blu-Ray release in mind?

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   John Sullmeyer

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted January 11 2009 - 08:41 AM

Here's an article that covers some details on the Twin Peaks Series restoration:

Dugpa.com - A David Lynch and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Resource Site

As for Fire Walk With Me Deleted Scenes, Lynch had this to say in a November 2008 interview:

David Lynch: That, you know Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me is owned by a company called MK2 in France. And I spoke to them a couple of months ago, um, I've spoke to them several times about this, you know, I think it will happen, but maybe the financial crisis is you know, affecting that in some way. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm pretty sure there's 17 scenes in that at least but its been a while since we've looked into that.

You can listen to the whole interview here:

The Lime Green Set|ART.CULT

I'd sure love to see Charles get a stab at doing a FWWM Special Edition DVD. The Gold Box and Blade Runner sets were quite grand!

Now I wonder, since New Line is out of the game, will Warners be the ones to release FWWM on BD in the US?
-John

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me DVDFight for the Deleted Scenes Petitionhttp://www.myspace.com/fwwmfight

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,941 posts

Posted January 12 2009 - 08:27 AM

we want to get complete Twin Peaks works on Blu-Ray. that's all =).

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,455 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted January 14 2009 - 08:37 AM

I recall that DL wanted to prep the deleted scenes to bring them up to the quality of the main feature - color correction, sound mix, etc. - and that the cost of doing so is what nixed their inclusion in the last DVD release.

But now I'm puzzled that he put out the Wild At Heart deleted scenes in very rough form in the recent Lime Box set. He must feel differently about WAH, I guess...

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Vincent_P

Vincent_P

Screenwriter

• 1,738 posts

Posted January 30 2009 - 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Martinez
I recall that DL wanted to prep the deleted scenes to bring them up to the quality of the main feature - color correction, sound mix, etc. - and that the cost of doing so is what nixed their inclusion in the last DVD release.

But now I'm puzzled that he put out the Wild At Heart deleted scenes in very rough form in the recent Lime Box set. He must feel differently about WAH, I guess...

I'm guessing Lynch knows where the original film elements for the FIRE WALK WITH ME] footage is, so he knows he can go back to it and thus present it in pristine form. With WILD AT HEART, presumably what was released on the Lime Green set is all that he had to work with.

Vincent