What's new

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Charles, is there any news/update on the situation regarding Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me's infamous deleted scenes and the rumoured new DVD? I'm not a member of the press, nor do I know anyone from the press. Just a normal member of the public.

Real Name
Charles de Lauzirika
Although I would love to see a comprehensive special edition of "Fire Walk With Me," including all the deleted scenes currently in limbo, I currently have no connection to any such project and therefore have no additional information to offer beyond what's already known. Following my work on the Gold Box, it would certainly be a fascinating project to be involved with.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
hi Charlie!

on a related note, was Twin Peaks shot with 35mm? if so, did you do the restoration for the Gold Box with an eventual Blu-Ray release in mind?

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Here's an article that covers some details on the Twin Peaks Series restoration:

Dugpa.com - A David Lynch and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Resource Site

As for Fire Walk With Me Deleted Scenes, Lynch had this to say in a November 2008 interview:

David Lynch: That, you know Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me is owned by a company called MK2 in France. And I spoke to them a couple of months ago, um, I've spoke to them several times about this, you know, I think it will happen, but maybe the financial crisis is you know, affecting that in some way. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm pretty sure there's 17 scenes in that at least but its been a while since we've looked into that.

You can listen to the whole interview here:

The Lime Green Set|ART.CULT

I'd sure love to see Charles get a stab at doing a FWWM Special Edition DVD. The Gold Box and Blade Runner sets were quite grand!

Now I wonder, since New Line is out of the game, will Warners be the ones to release FWWM on BD in the US?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
we want to get complete Twin Peaks works on Blu-Ray. that's all =).

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
I recall that DL wanted to prep the deleted scenes to bring them up to the quality of the main feature - color correction, sound mix, etc. - and that the cost of doing so is what nixed their inclusion in the last DVD release.

But now I'm puzzled that he put out the Wild At Heart deleted scenes in very rough form in the recent Lime Box set. He must feel differently about WAH, I guess...

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member

I'm guessing Lynch knows where the original film elements for the FIRE WALK WITH ME] footage is, so he knows he can go back to it and thus present it in pristine form. With WILD AT HEART, presumably what was released on the Lime Green set is all that he had to work with.

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks