Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sharp bd 20/ Fox disc problems.....

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Camper

Camper

Second Unit

• 361 posts

Posted July 25 2008 - 07:50 AM

I've had my Sharp player for about a month and hadn't had any problems, but now I am having problems playing all the new Fox titles: Jumper Shutter Point Break All are BD50 MPEG-4 discs. I checked the Fox titles had had watched with no problems and found most were either BD25 or MPEG-2 discs, but some WERE BD50 MPEG-4 discs. i'm now afraid to rent other recent Fox titles Longest Day, Patton etc. I have heard that Sharp has a new firmware that fixes 'Jumper' but will it fix all problems with newer Fox titles? Or will it be a new firmware for every title? I had been reisitant on adding any firmeware updates as I hadn't had ANY problems before now. I'd hate to open a can of worms and cause other problems by installing an update for a few titles. Are there any Sharp BD 20 owners out there who can help? Thanks if you can!!

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted July 30 2008 - 12:34 PM

The new f/w will probably help with all of them:

AVS Forum - View Single Post - Sharp BD-HP20U Blu-Ray Player: FIRST END USER'S REPORT HERE...
If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ...

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   David S. Peterson

David S. Peterson

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted July 30 2008 - 07:30 PM

I put in the newer firmware this evening and it corrected the BR Stargate Continuum disc which was distributed thru Fox.
David S. Peterson

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   David S. Peterson

David S. Peterson

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted July 30 2008 - 07:32 PM

I put in the newer firmware this evening and it corrected the BR Stargate Continuum disc which was distributed thru Fox.
David S. Peterson

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Camper

Camper

Second Unit

• 361 posts

Posted July 31 2008 - 10:04 AM

Thanks guys. I was avoiding any firmware updates until i encountered any problems. I guess the time is now, as it seems all the new releases from Fox won't play until i get the firmware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users