Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Kingdom Of Heaven & Man On Fire

Charles de Lauzirika

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,172 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted July 24 2008 - 04:50 AM

Any chance of Kingdom Of Heaven & Man On Fire being revisited on BD, this time with the special features ported over from the special edition DVDs?

I felt a bit ripped off when Fox released these as movie-only BD's.

#2 of 12 Charles de Lauzirika

Charles de Lauzirika

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted July 24 2008 - 03:26 PM

Haven't heard a thing. But I'm hopeful we'll get to revisit both of them at some point in the future.

#3 of 12 Jaxon's Dad

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor

• 837 posts
  • LocationMid-West, USA

Posted July 29 2008 - 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles de Lauzirika
Haven't heard a thing. But I'm hopeful we'll get to revisit both of them at some point in the future.
Any possibility of KOH featuring both the theatrical and Director's cuts via seamless branching? I appreciate Ridley's commitment to making all versions of several other of his films on DVD (Alien, Gladiator) and BD (Blade Runner), and would love to see KOH offer the same choice.
The Star Wars Special Editions: Just 'cause you can, don't mean you should.

#4 of 12 brap

brap

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted August 04 2008 - 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon's Dad
Any possibility of KOH featuring both the theatrical and Director's cuts via seamless branching? I appreciate Ridley's commitment to making all versions of several other of his films on DVD (Alien, Gladiator) and BD (Blade Runner), and would love to see KOH offer the same choice.

Adding the whole Theatrical cut may be a wasted effort. All you need is the first 10 minutes, because that's all people will take before saying "For the love of God! Put on the Director's Cut!"

It is a good what if though. Just like the "Love Conquers All" version of Brazil.

I want to rent the TC of KOH again just for the A&E docs on the period. Those would be worthy of a KOH : DC BD:SE with no BS.

#5 of 12 Alex cosmo

Alex cosmo

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted June 18 2009 - 09:45 AM

Just curious to see if a more deluxe Kingdom of Heaven is even a blip out there. (with both versions and all the dvd extras). Also wondering what the "vibe" currently is on the theatrical cut to the people in charge. Is it something that will remain in circulation like with Ridley Scott's other films or is it preferred that it become obscure and fade away? (I hope not, theatrical versions always have value to me even though the longer cut is much better)
thanks

#6 of 12 Mike Wadkins

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor

• 956 posts

Posted June 20 2009 - 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddwrtr
Any chance of Kingdom Of Heaven & Man On Fire being revisited on BD, this time with the special features ported over from the special edition DVDs?

I felt a bit ripped off when Fox released these as movie-only BD's.
The UK disc is region free (man on fire) and has all the extras, I own it

Man On Fire [Blu-ray] [2004]: Amazon.co.uk: Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning, Marc Anthony, Tony Scott: DVD

It is very cheap right now also

Posted Image

#7 of 12 Phil Carter

Phil Carter

Second Unit

• 324 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted June 24 2009 - 01:53 AM

Like Alex a few days ago, I wanted to chime in on this and see if there was any more word on "Kingdom of Heaven" being properly revisited.

I couldn't wait any longer and had to get the movie-only version on Blu-Ray (the extended cut is one of my favorite films). I was ENORMOUSLY upset when I found not only had they thrown out the cool roadshow production showing of the film, but also all the marvelous extras that Charlie had worked so hard on. Hell, we don't even get the Enginer's Guide pop-up trivia track, which Blu-Ray should excel at.

Badly want to see this redone with proper extras in high-def and the roadshow production version restored. Charlie, any word on this?

cheers,
Phil
"I should never have written all of those tank programs."
-- Kevin Flynn, "Tron"
** My DVD / Blu-Ray collection; profile by DVD Profiler **

#8 of 12 Charles de Lauzirika

Charles de Lauzirika

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted June 24 2009 - 03:13 AM

I haven't heard anything about a expanded Blu-ray release for either film. I'm sure it will happen one day, but I have no idea when that day will be.

#9 of 12 Phil Carter

Phil Carter

Second Unit

• 324 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted June 24 2009 - 03:26 AM

Wahhh! Wahhh! Wahhh! (This is me throwing a mini-tantrum). Oh well. Thanks very much for the speedy reply, Charlie! I just hate to see this magnificent film not getting the BD treatment it deserves.

At least it looks like I have plenty to look forward to for the BD release of "Gladiator", and I still have my Blade Runner BD set to enjoy your work there. Woooooooo!

cheers,
Phil
"I should never have written all of those tank programs."
-- Kevin Flynn, "Tron"
** My DVD / Blu-Ray collection; profile by DVD Profiler **

#10 of 12 bradcapo1

bradcapo1

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 23 2009 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.

taux pret auto - taux pret auto differe selon la rise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prêt automobile donne.

#11 of 12 bradcapo1

bradcapo1

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 23 2009 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for sharing. It's great

taux pret auto - taux pret auto differe selon la rise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prêt automobile donne.

#12 of 12 Escapay

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator

• 238 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Time and Space

Posted June 15 2012 - 08:37 AM

Figured this was the most apropos thread to ask these two questions: Do you know if Fox is considering putting out a new Blu-Ray of Kingdom of Heaven (complete with extras from original DVD and the Director's Cut DVD) to tie in to the Blu-Ray release of Prometheus? Also, will you be producing the extra features for Prometheus? EDIT: Never mind, I just saw the "Prometheus" thread a couple spots below. Glad to see that you'll be in charge of that disc!

Forum Nav Content I Follow